Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 94 Impala "Donked"

RDean58

that is how the donk suspinsion is done . thay bolt in a truck front suspension, chevy fronts on the 80's subs are held in with 12 bolts or somthing. I dont care for the style myself ,but we have tons of em here in SC.

the wife and kids have fun laughing at em , but I had to get the kid to stop pointing as thay do it (safty reasons).

We got one here that sits so high a stock s-10 could drive right under it, gotta be sittin on 30's. You'd have to get a running start WITH a trampoline to get in the thing. I carry my camera everywhere i go, next time i see it i'll snap a pic of it.

HAY by the way what the heck does DONK mean?

Actually refered to the rear of the '71-76 B-Body Cars looking like a wide Donkey's Rear(Earlier version of the meaning, was geared toward the Leaping Impala Badge looking like a Donkey Kicking, but was eventually used to describe the wide width of all B-Body Backends)...... Hence the reason why a Raised or Lowered '71-76 B-Body can be refered to as a Donk in the Southern/East Coast States, where as the Left Coast States usually called them "Glass Houses", as reference to their large window area surround. Generally the '91-96 B-Bodys are called Bubbles, to denote their round design styling.....

BTW, Great Looking High Rolla Bubble RD :)