Model Cars Magazine Forum

"lil" shoebox

plumnuts

I like to build two at a time, due to drytime or frustration setting in. one I will chop up and fab on ,and the other will build box stock for the most part. I havent posted pics of the boxstocks before cause there nothing special ,but this one is comming out good enough that I wanted to share. (i'm glad I found this site, for the motivation and ideas. thanks to all of ya.)

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

I'll be wiring the motor with red wire.

Well what do you want the paint to say, HAY LOOK AT ME, or I'M COME"NG FOR YOU, you know that green an scallop's na I dont think it would fit, match the paint to the subtle detail paint you put on the motor, with a splash of red like the wire's, just a thought.

Edited by unforgiven

dude Im really diggen your signature. the ranchero has a wicked paint going on. what do you think about the colors on the ranchero layed out in the tradetional 55 pattern with the grays and the traditional molding line replaced with a sort of tribal like red stripe (looking traditional but with more sweep than straight)? :P

dude Im really diggen your signature. the ranchero has a wicked paint going on. what do you think about the colors on the ranchero layed out in the tradetional 55 pattern with the grays and the traditional molding line replaced with a sort of tribal like red stripe (looking traditional but with more sweep than straight)? :blink:

Dude that would be kinda slick, a little old scool with a twist, but yet not a hard twist, yeah I can see that in my head, I say go for it, pull it off...

OH the car you're talking about is actually a Plymouth Duster turnd Camino, I thought it was darn slick myself,and if I ever get another Duster kit, I'll get an El Camino kit too, and try to pull this off. ( If someone dont beat me to it ) ;)

Man I was thinking we lost you there for awhile. Keep'em coming man I wanna see the paint, looks awesome, starting to come together...

had to go to NC. for the thanksgiving thing. really wanted to build but, decided to leave the tools at home and actually hang with the family. not a total bust though, stopped at the hobby lobby(don't have em here in SC.) and picked up some testors lacquer (again not in Charleston) and the next project. 07 mustang shelby 500.

but now I'm back on the bench and havin fun. :blink: (ROLL CAGES SUCK!)

• 2 weeks later...

this one had got put on the back burner due to the coupster, but had to let some things dry so I worked on this a little more and figured I'd show the finished chasis. :D

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

I'll be posting the finished product under glass. final paint on body going on when weather warms up :P

I'll put a note here when I post finished product. ;)