Model Cars Magazine Forum

Volkswagen Snowflake wheels & tyres

I've commissioned a guy in Hungary to do the CAD drawing and 3D printing on these, they will then be cast in a light grey resin, they will be made to fit the Revell Golf GTI and Cabriolet kits, prices should be around €18 for a set of 4, plus shipping. 

1983_VOlkswagen_VW_GTI_Mk1_Hatchback_Rear_1.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

3 hours ago, Dcreek said:

I would love to get a set of these. I have an 84 Rabbit GTI in real life and would love to make a scale model of it one day. 

They should be ready for sale very soon, once the tyres have been sorted, they'll be cast in resin 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, GeeBee said:

We've been talking about doing the Rabbit front grille with the square headlights, which was available in a few European countries as well as the USA and Canada 

Yes! That would awesome. Here is my 1st gen Rabbit GTI here in the states. Only made them for 2 years before the MKII came out.  

00P0P_bGeyjeifjkS_1200x900.jpg

On 2/2/2021 at 3:38 PM, GeeBee said:

We've been talking about doing the Rabbit front grille with the square headlights, which was available in a few European countries as well as the USA and Canada 

6906a95b4d10ef77a7f566c65b41e17a.jpg

The square headlight cars were all built at the Westmoreland, PA factory. Rabbits, GTIs, Jetta, Caddy pickups.

Those cars are generally considered some of the worst VW ever built, with a lot of quality issues. They only built cars there for about 10 years or so, then moved production to Mexico, where quality was vastly improved.

I kind of dig the look of the square lights. 

Wheels have been tweaked a little, and tyres have been doing in 3D printing, the fit to the kit locating axle has been redesigned so it fits better, they should be sent for resin casting soon,I'll be building a Swedish Gti Special (Swedish Pirelli edition) using the 3D printed wheels, the Snowflake wheels were factory fitted instead of the Pirelli wheels, the headlamp washers are included in the Cabriolet kit that I won't be using on the Cabriolet I'm building at the moment. 

IMG_20210217_222810_862.jpg

IMG_20210217_222806_600.jpg

VWGOlfgti Sweden .jpg

5975131ac337e.jpg

20210217_165922.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Volkswagen Snowflake wheels arrived this morning, I commissioned Balazs at CMGH Garage in Hungary to do these for me, his design and 3D printing quality is second to non, I'm looking forward to putting these to use on a Volkswagen Golf GTi Special, basically a Swedish Golf Pirelli, which came from the factory with the Snowflake wheels fitted instead of the usual Pirelli wheels, they've been designed to fit straight onto the Revell VW Golf GTi kits.

20210331_122346.jpg

20210331_122404.jpg