Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to the board

Just joined the board after several of my friends from MAMA told me this place was cool. After having a pretty sour taste in my mouth from another message board, this place seems pretty neat.

For those that dont know me, I started building car models when i was around 11-12, and have known many of the guys on this board since I was about 13. I left modeling at around age 16. I have always been into 50's cars and hot rods, and during my time away from modeling, got into 50's style customs. I still love hot rods too, but not the high tech stuff I was into when I was in my teens. I returned to modeling a year ago, and usualy only get time to work on models when im not working on my big cars.

Here are some past projects of mine:

Black and Gold 32

This was an idea of mine that I had to try out. I made all of the brass parts from bar and round stock. I was about 14 when I built this.

black.jpg

Hemi for a 32 vicky project.

I built this engine for a 32 ford vicky I started, but never finished. The heads are milled with the guidance of Norman Veber. The spark plug boots I mastered in brass, and they were duplicated in resin by Norman (They are in the RMCoM line). Headers are made from solder, aluminum tubing, and turned aluminum.

hemi.jpg

50 Chevy Fastback

This is my current project. Its chopped, hood reshaped, grill opening reshaped, rear quarters extended. 56 packard taillights, flush fit glass. Every pannel has been cut up. I'll post more pics of it later.

50chev.jpg

Hi Chad!

Glad you made it over! :lol:............Fellas, Chad's work is excellent to say the least......and he's so young yet! 8)

I wish I had that much talent when I started building at 17.....let alone 11!

Yep, ya gotta post more pics of that custom you're working on........That looks really cool! 8)

Thanks Bill and Chris.

Wow, this is a cool place. My biggest gripe about the "other" board was all the silly code names people had. You never really knew who you were talking too. After reading the only real rule listed here, I see your required to have your real name in your signature, if its not your user ID. Very Cool!

Here are some other little machine work things.

This is a little Model A engine I made when I got my first milling machine when I was 15. I was mainly copying kit parts, and its not the most detailed or accurate, and the fit of the parts is off, but it was my first exercise ever on the mill.

engine.jpg

This is a pair of 1/8th scale bee hive oil filters. I made them in 2 pieces to make the machining process easier, and besides, its fun to unscrew the top! Im planning a scratchbuilt 1/8th 32 ford chassis(with a nailhead!), but Im not happy with the contour of these pieces, so they wont be used.

bh.jpg

This is a project Im doing with Jeff Sauber. Its a dodge lancer style wheel cover. There are 2 different center bar inserts, an alternate version with a bullet in the center. I did the metalwork, Jeff did the plastic bars. Eventually, they will be cast in resin.

lancer.jpg