Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airbrush

They had a demo at IMPS Nationals.  Tried one.  Not impressed.  I think they were designed for fingernail painting or makeup.  Not much endurance.  Felt very bulky to me because of the tank attached to the bottom of the brush.   I suppose they would be ok as a third or fourth brush but certainly not as the only one.  

Edited by Pete J.

I have one of these ones. I don't use it much. It is great for small stuff but it generally runs out of power before I can paint a car body and clean it out too.

BUT, it will work fine with the charging cord plugged in. Unfortunately the cord is a USB type so if I don't want to plug it into my computer for charging I have to use the charger for my phone. Works fine that way also though.

It could make a good brush for someone just starting airbrushing as it is a lot cheaper than a regular brush and compressor but it is kinda bulky and mine has a fine needle in it. A beginner should probably start out with a medium needle.

BTW, that's not a tank on the bottom, it's actually a mini compressor. No way to adjust the air output on mine but it does flow about the right amount to do what we would be using it for.

Multi-Purpose Cordless Mini Airbrush Set Spray Pump Gen Pen Air Compressor  Kit Portable Air Brush Set Art Painting Spray Model - Super Offer #029AE9 |  Goteborgsaventyrscenter

Edited by Can-Con

20 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I have one of these ones. I don't use it much. It is great for small stuff but it generally runs out of power before I can paint a car body and clean it out too.

BUT, it will work fine with the charging cord plugged in. Unfortunately the cord is a USB type so if I don't want to plug it into my computer for charging I have to use the charger for my phone. Works fine that way also though.

It could make a good brush for someone just starting airbrushing as it is a lot cheaper than a regular brush and compressor but it is kinda bulky and mine has a fine needle in it. A beginner should probably start out with a medium needle.

BTW, that's not a tank on the bottom, it's actually a mini compressor. No way to adjust the air output on mine but it does flow about the right amount to do what we would be using it for.

Multi-Purpose Cordless Mini Airbrush Set Spray Pump Gen Pen Air Compressor  Kit Portable Air Brush Set Art Painting Spray Model - Super Offer #029AE9 |  Goteborgsaventyrscenter

Interesting.  The one I tried at nationals had a tank in the bottom and a separate compressor to refill it.