Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 blue 4 mitsu

plumnuts

as buy the tital name you can figure out what color its going to be. I'm trying the testors lacquer for the first time ,so we'll see if I like it better than the tamiya spray. the kit was picked up at everyones favorite model shop (big lots) :rolleyes: . and I baught 2 of them. one for me and one for christian. (my 8yr. old son) we both primed at the same time ,but he jumped into painting first and ran out of paint before job was done. B) instead of waiting to get more paint he decided to SCRAPE the paint off with a razor. anyway he was close to tears before I steped in and traded him body's. anyway, I'v been smoothing on this thing for weeks and got it close. also opened the front air vents for a functional look. I'm feelin a lot of builders block on this one and a 07 mustang kit I got, so as always any ideas and suggestions are welcome. :rolleyes:

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

I'm really hoping to get paint on this thing in the next couple of days. and some more pics will be on the way. B)

this is just my own personal preference, and you may already have a plan for it, but try to get the rims to sit either flush, or just ever so slightly inside the fender. much cleaner look.

anywho, how's the level of detail? im assuming the engine is typical revell molding. i've been debating getting this and the civic hatch for quite a few months now. needless to say i will be following your builds here.

this is just my own personal preference, and you may already have a plan for it, but try to get the rims to sit either flush, or just ever so slightly inside the fender. much cleaner look.

anywho, how's the level of detail? im assuming the engine is typical revell molding. i've been debating getting this and the civic hatch for quite a few months now. needless to say i will be following your builds here.

hay bro. the wheels are just sitting under it with mockup :lol: , but I agree with ya. the kit itself seems to fit well but I'm not diggin it to mutch. motor detail is almost non existant. no divit holes to help with location of plumbing on anything. especially plug wires. the chisis is the same as far as fitting ,but if your wanting to lower it, good luck. steel rods through chasis to mount wheels, and kit settings are way to high for my taste. and for your info the 07 mustang kit is the same. I have that one too and I'm fighting to stay motivated to build these kits. :D I like to finish them before I get another cause I don't

have the room to store alot of kits.

IMG_0632.jpg

here is the start of the motor. hope it helps.

nice looking build mike

i have a few of the lil tuners i build and im slowly redoing them one by one.

looks to me like this puppy is running a 4G63t powerhouse

awesome little engine though the 1G 6 bolts had a few issues with crankwalk

best would be to get a 2G 7 bolt block and slap on a 1G head

bt i digest, i dug up a picture for you to show how the wires run

as you can tell, the 4G63T is a twincam engine and so the plugs are receded in the camvalley and covered nicely

hope this helps some :P

JDM-Mitsubishi-4G63T-Longblock-82.jpg

nice looking build mike

i have a few of the lil tuners i build and im slowly redoing them one by one.

looks to me like this puppy is running a 4G63t powerhouse

awesome little engine though the 1G 6 bolts had a few issues with crankwalk

best would be to get a 2G 7 bolt block and slap on a 1G head

bt i digest, i dug up a picture for you to show how the wires run

as you can tell, the 4G63T is a twincam engine and so the plugs are receded in the camvalley and covered nicely

hope this helps some ;)

JDM-Mitsubishi-4G63T-Longblock-82.jpg

thanks for the pic, very helpful, now just have to get er done.

• 1 month later...