Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rear Bumper for 1967 Ford Fairlane GT

Drag Monster

The Fairlane promo ('66) and kits ('66 and '67) only used two screws for the chassis, at the front.  The rear of the chassis had a tab that fit into a slot at the rear of the body.

The rear bumper had two pins that fit into small holes in the body.  No tabs like most AMT promo and kit bumpers back then.

Mark, you are correct I checked and this kit only has the screws in the front. 

18 hours ago, Mark said:

The Fairlane promo ('66) and kits ('66 and '67) only used two screws for the chassis, at the front.  The rear of the chassis had a tab that fit into a slot at the rear of the body.

The rear bumper had two pins that fit into small holes in the body.  No tabs like most AMT promo and kit bumpers back then.

Does it have to be for that kit? 

A few years back i was building a rare factory 7 litre. And i just needed the motor or air cleaner from one kit. I am not exactly sure which kit it was, but i may have a bumper from a later issue if it will work. I will try to find the kit and let you know. Might take a little time.

The 7 Litre is a Galaxie, bumper is different and probably too wide anyway.

The bumper from the currently available '66 Fairlane kit might work, but I haven't tried that on the older kit body.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

The 7 Litre is a Galaxie, bumper is different and probably too wide anyway.

The bumper from the currently available '66 Fairlane kit might work, but I haven't tried that on the older kit body.

I need to check it may be the fairlane i bought.