Model Cars Magazine Forum

SW Florida Model Car Clubs

• 2 weeks later...
Does the lack of response mean there are no clubs in my area? Am I the only builder in SW Florida?

Thanks.

Sorry to see there has been no response to your question brother but it struck a chrod with me this morning.

Being from the northeast I never modeled in the spring/summer times since that was such precious time to be out and about. When Autumn arrived the kits would be brought out as the weather turned and I began focusing on my "indoor" activities.

Spring/summer were for my skateboard and I all through the 70's and early 80's. I don't think I touched a piece of styrene during those frigid years when the weather was even remotely decent.

I guess I have a question.

What is a southern states modeling schedule, or is it year round?

Hope you find a club BTW.

Dragline

Edited by Dragline

Does the lack of response mean there are no clubs in my area? Am I the only builder in SW Florida?

Thanks.

No there are a few of us down here in naples....never heard of a club or group..

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14376

Tonio 7, Jay McMinn and myself... what do you model?

Mike B)

Edited by MikeMc

No there are a few of us down here in naples....never heard of a club or group..

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14376

Tonio 7, Jay McMinn and myself... what do you model?

Mike :)

I'm in Cape Coral. Here's a link to some of my stuff... http://photobucket.com/bedlamparkcustoms

Dragline, Southwest Florida is year-round season for just about anything. I build whenever I have the time.

Thanks guys.

Edited by williebling

Hey guys. Just to let you know, there actually IS a club in the Venice area. It's an IPMS chapter. The club is called "Wings, Wheels & Keels". They do a yearly show at Woodmere Park in Venice and here's the info on the upcoming March show:

3/14/2009 Florida

Venice

Region 11 Wings, Wheels, & Keels Spring Model Contest 2009

Woodmere Park and Recreation Center

3951 Woodmere Park Blvd

IPMS Wings, Wheels, & Keels

Randy Whitacre 941-627-3880

whitaran@comcast.net

HTH!

Thanks for the info guys. I'd love to get together sometime, just so I don't feel so alone as a builder down here. I think I will make that show in Venice, maybe not to compete (not sure if my stuff is up to par yet) but certainly to meet other builders and see their stuff in person. Sorry it took a while to reply, sometimes life takes precidence.

• 1 month later...