Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone make this Jersey plate decal?

Brutalform

You can go to the ACME License Maker site and make your own up, then just print it out to size. I've usually sized mine at about 1/4" high & it comes out about the right size for a 1/25th/1/24th scale model.  I like to print them out on photo paper then just glue them on my models.

https://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

The ACME site lists the New Jersey plates as 1959 & 1977, usually they show the years when plate designs usually changed.  Since the Red Alert Chevelle was a 1970, I would say you will probably want to use the 1959 design, but the 1977 one looks similar to me.

Steve A.

After trying to make up a plate like the one on the pic you showed, to me the font looks different than what is on the car.  If it was me, I would look for a font from one of the websites offering free fonts that looks right, and use the image from the ACME website to change the letters & numbers to match.  If that is something you don't think you could do, I can help you out.  Just let me know.

I have plans to build a model of the Red Alert Chevelle myself at some point down the road, so I'll need one myself.

Steve A.

Like this? This site is where I created it, the keyboard dash mark is what creates the NJ state shape between the letters and numbers. My screencapture was a bit on the low res, so it's a little fuzzy.

https://www.licenseplates.tv/1959-to-1979-alternative-new-jersey-state-license-plate-embossed-with-your-custom-number.html

ILY-384.jpg.1a213ab4a1320fc009e4e5be0d52b2dd.jpg

Thanks Steve. I know, I’ve purchased many things from Slixx. The reason I missed those Red Alert decals is because I already had a set from SMH. So I went ahead and ordered the Slixx decals anyway because no one has better quality, and plus the plate. I also needed a pro stock scoop too. So all is good..
Thanks again.