Model Cars Magazine Forum

Entex 1/16 '69 Corvette

Mike C.

The only Entex kits I’ve built so are their clear Mazda Wankel and Ford truck Turbine engines. The Wankel did not impress me. I found that I could not get it to work. The Ford Turbine was better. But, the way it was designed, I didn’t even try to get it to operated. I also have their 1/16 scale 1937 Packard Twelve coupe-roadster. It seems like a nice overall. What little work I’ve done on it so far. Which is build engine, and assemble part of the chassis. No electric motors to move things. Or light bulbs that need to light up in that one. But there are things like opening doors, which can or can not be tricky, depending on the kit. 

So how is the Entex ‘68 Corvette? Who knows? I’m looking forward to hearing from others who know about the kit. And your experience as you build the kit. As Alan above stated “It does look cool!” 

I don't know anything about the kit, but I need one! I looked on BoxArtDen and found this image from the Entex 1981 catalog. It's also shown in the 1980 edition.

I've built many of the Entex, later Minicraft 1/16 Model T & Model A Ford kits and found them to make a nice build. I'm sure your Vette is likewise.

Entex81 (26)-960.jpg

It's plain horrible. I don't think there is any part that is any way accurate. This part is from memory as the kit is in storage but it  was originally motorized and the suspension is compromised. You can see from the photos the engine parts are bad. Seats might be nice. Good for a collector who will never open the box.

1 hour ago, RSchnell said:

I don't know anything about the kit, but I need one! I looked on BoxArtDen and found this image from the Entex 1981 catalog. It's also shown in the 1980 edition.

I've built many of the Entex, later Minicraft 1/16 Model T & Model A Ford kits and found them to make a nice build. I'm sure your Vette is likewise.

Entex81 (26)-960.jpg

If the photo above is what the kit looks like when done. I personally would not be pleased. The thing looks awful. The proportions are way off. I hope yours looks better than that when you get it Mike. 

Edited by unclescott58

I already have better wheels and tires so that should help. working on some side pipes. The rear 3/4 shot does look a little off. Hope I am able to live with that. Package hasn't arrived yet, so my fingers are crossed. I'm used to working with 1/18 diecasts, so I'm kind of tooled up for this one. Plastic is easier to strip and paint.