Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who Knew That the MPC '84 GMC Deserter kit's tires would fit an ERTL Paystar 5000 well???

ranma

I never use the tires from the Ex-Fall guy truck AKA the Deserter, because of the size always looked off to me on the pickup. Well those Desert dog tires do work good for the front wheels on an Ertl/AMT Paystar 5000! They just slide on as if they were made for the truck! This means that they more than likely will work on most AMT truck kit's as well.

DSC06941.JPG

DSC06943.JPG

DSC06944.JPG

Edited by ranma

On 8/30/2022 at 3:50 PM, ranma said:

I never use the tires from the Ex-Fall guy truck AKA the Deserter, because of the size always looked off to me on the pickup. Well those Desert dog tires do work good for the front wheels on an Ertl/AMT Paystar 5000! They just slide on as if they were made for the truck! This means that they more than likely will work on most AMT truck kit's as well.

DSC06941.JPG

DSC06943.JPG

DSC06944.JPG

Looks good as a front tire!

On 8/31/2022 at 10:52 PM, BuilderX said:

Thanks  Alan and Mike!

This is an old Monogram Kit painted with dupli color Bahama blue. 20200427_163648.thumb.jpg.7436b24d9be5984bce020e95fec4c284.jpg 

I have that kit in my stash, I think I may do the tire upgrade when I get to build it. Those tires look much better on the Jeep than the kit tires.