Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 378 Heavy Transport Inc.

Hi there,

I bought these acron lug nuts on the site Uwe wrote.They are M 1,6 I think but Uwe will tell us.I ordered two types one are M 1,0 and the others are M 1,6.

They are really nice and I will mount them to my truck,too.But I use those wide rims on it from the Revell Cando Wrecker with Italerie Trailer tires.

Thanks for looking,

Regards,Chris

Edited by Twist67

Hi there,

I made some little progress to the Pete.I didn´t like those Italeri kit stacks from so I started to make new ones from evergreen tubing and with some small parts made on my machine.I added some thine mesh to the stacks and also to the aircleaners.The engine is glued to the frame and it´s waiting for the fuellines and the airlines attached.The engine also got a very light weathering.

DSC_0002-vi.jpg

DSC_0003-vi.jpg

DSC_0004-vi.jpg

I will do some little more weathering when I do some washing on the frame.

Just painted the interior but it have to dry before I could make some pictures..

Thanks for looking,

Regards,Chris

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, It's all in German!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't read German!!!!!!! Why is all the cool stuff in German!?!?!?!?!?

LOL

Chris, can you help me with this site when you have time? I am really wantig to order some of those acorn nuts like you have!

Do they come in packs or do you order them one by one?

How many Euro's are they a piece?

Thanks for that site!

Hi there,

Thanks for the compliments.

Ben,when you´re on the startsite of that shop you have to klick on the words :"Muttern Stop/Hut Special and the look for item number 205-vn 16 or 205-vn 10.The first one is M1,6 Messing vernickelt (nickelplated?)Hutmutter the second one is M 1,0 Messing vernickelt Hutmutter.I tried to poast a direct link but that doesn´t work for that site.

Don´t know which wide of lug nuts Uwe used for his rims but I´m sure he will tell us.

Hope this helps a bit,if you have any more questions please write an email to me.

Regards,Chris

Hi there,

Thanks for the compliments.

I made some progress on my Pete.Stripped of the chrome from the parts because it was really bad and painted it new with Allclad II polished aluminium.Finished the interior and the frames etc.It´s now time to assamble the Truck.I think it will be finished this weekend.

here are soem pictures.More will come later.

DSC_0024-vi.jpg

DSC_0025-vi.jpg

DSC_0026-vi.jpg

DSC_0027-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

regards,Chris

• 7 months later...

Hi there,

it´s been some time since my last posts but I was in military building the last few month.

But finally I made some more progress on the trailer for this truck and it´s been finished by about 95%.

The Trailer is a scratchbuilt 45ft dropframe trailer with tri axle setup with airspring.The parts are drawed with corledraw and than milled out with my CNC machine.The wheels and rims are aftermarket resin.I have to do the airlines,landing gear and some other small things on the suspension.

RIMG0001-vi.jpg

RIMG0002-vi.jpg

RIMG0003-vi.jpg

RIMG0004-vi.jpg

RIMG0006-vi.jpg

RIMG0007-vi.jpg

RIMG0008-vi.jpg

On the last pictures it looks like a spread axle but I have had to mount the mid axle at that time....but it´s also a nice looking spread axle version.....lol.

More pictures will follow,soon

Regards,Chris