Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL EAST 2009

We are staying at the fairfeild Hampton IIn and are paying $29 a night. We get the Employee rate. Its not to far away from the show. you might want to call them to see if they got any room open. It's off 118-124 route 46 the number is 973-575-5777

Thanks! But how would I get the Employee rate? Or can't I?

Terry

Thanks! But how would I get the Employee rate? Or can't I?

Terry

They only give us 1 room at that rate for team travel, but they still got some good rate's there. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

A KING BED ROOM NO SMOKING IS 115.00 + TAX!!! I JUST CALLED THE HAMPTON INN AND CHECK THEIR AVALABILATY FOR FRIDAY THE 17TH AND THEY ARE WAITING FOR MORE CALLS SO IF YOU DON'T HAVE A ROOM YET, I SUGGEST THAT YOU CALL THE HAMPTON INN IN FAIRFIELD ROUTE 46 LOCAL FOR YOUR ROOM!! THEY STILL HAVE SUITES TOO. :P

A KING BED ROOM NO SMOKING IS 115.00 + TAX!!! I JUST CALLED THE HAMPTON INN AND CHECK THEIR AVALABILATY FOR FRIDAY THE 17TH AND THEY ARE WAITING FOR MORE CALLS SO IF YOU DON'T HAVE A ROOM YET, I SUGGEST THAT YOU CALL THE HAMPTON INN IN FAIRFIELD ROUTE 46 LOCAL FOR YOUR ROOM!! THEY STILL HAVE SUITES TOO. :P

Thanks for that info bro.

Got a room at the LaQuinta a mile or 2 away to the west. Actually the next exit west off I-80. Single or twin queen size rack for $65 a night!

That's good news Terry glad you found something with a decent price. You got to have that place to rest your head. I used to drive up to the Nnl west in Santa Clara around 12 midnight get there at 6am the next morning, rest in my car for an hr, go to the show, leave the show around 4pm, get a bite to eat then jump back on the freeway home. Never again will I pull them all righter’s. It's good having a cousin who works for the Hampton Inn and another who works for the Marriot. No more all niters.

HURRY ONLY 4 ROOMS LEFT AT THE RAMADA INN FOR THE NNL EAST 973-256-7000. THE CHEESEBURGER PARADISE IS READY AND WAITING FOR US JUST SAY YOU ARE FROM THE NNL AND YOU GET A COMPLIMENTARY APPETIZER. THIS IS SO MR BIGG DOESN'T HAVE TO HOLD THE PLACE UP

Not anymore! The Ramada is booked solid, and there was no mention of an NNL East "deal" when I booked my room a week or so ago.

Makes you wonder what happened to the host hotel "deal", not that I care.

I'll see youse Philly Boyz at the cheeseburger joint on Friday, April 17th!

Don,

When I called trying to get a room at the Ramada, the guy asked me if I was with any group. I told him I was going to a modeling show and he immediatelysaid that Mr. Geiger had blocked a number of rooms for the show folks. I said, Oh, Tom Geiger? He said yes, but that all the rooms were gone now. So maybe you should call back and tell him you're there for the show and Tom Geiger and all that...maybe you could get a break on the room price???

Not anymore! The Ramada is booked solid, and there was no mention of an NNL East "deal" when I booked my room a week or so ago.

Makes you wonder what happened to the host hotel "deal", not that I care.

I'll see youse Philly Boyz at the cheeseburger joint on Friday, April 17th!

Roger that Don! Cant wait to hoist a few with you.

HURRY ONLY 4 ROOMS LEFT AT THE RAMADA INN FOR THE NNL EAST 973-256-7000. THE CHEESEBURGER PARADISE IS READY AND WAITING FOR US JUST SAY YOU ARE FROM THE NNL AND YOU GET A COMPLIMENTARY APPETIZER. THIS IS SO MR BIGG DOESN'T HAVE TO HOLD THE PLACE UP

Yeah? Who's paying for that? Shall we all use your name as the gracious host of the free chowder?

Yeah? Who's paying for that? Shall we all use your name as the gracious host of the free chowder?
Use Tom Geiger's name and put it on his tab. What the hell he is already blamin me for saying that I used

his name and that is why I got the rooms cheap because they were for the NNL workers in his club. But I reserved the rooms

under my name last time I checked Ariel doesn't mean Tom in spanish. It must have been TOM Kren. All I was told by the manager was that if Tom Geiger had made the deal early they could had rooms for the NNL but he waited to long.

You snooze you lozzzze. Hey Tom Geiger e-mail me.

Use Tom Geiger's name and put it on his tab. What the hell he is already blamin me for saying that I used

his name and that is why I got the rooms cheap because they were for the NNL workers in his club. But I reserved the rooms

under my name last time I checked Ariel doesn't mean Tom in spanish. It must have been TOM Kren. All I was told by the manager was that if Tom Geiger had made the deal early they could had rooms for the NNL but he waited to long.

You snooze you lozzzze. Hey Tom Geiger e-mail me.

Hey not me! I just asked where everyone was staying LOL

I know the manager. I'll bet he knows your credit card number. Epstein or Hernadez is the name I'll use for the freebies! Thanks!

Actually the freebies are coming from the tri-state club. Tom has paid in advance for these freebies.

I would like to apologize to Tom. Gettting the rooms for the NNL East is not as easy as we had in mined.

I was able to get the rooms at a cheaper rate because the manager made a mistake and gave me Tom's rooms that he had set aside for the NNL workers that come from far away. Give Tom sometime and if haven't gotten a room yet e-mail him so that he can put you on a list. As he gets more rooms he will in form you. Here is an explanation that tom gave at another forum:

I've updated the website.

Here's the deal... When NNL East switched months from March to April, it became difficult to secure hotel space. April is start of the tourist season for New York City. Since it's cost prohibitive for tour operators to put people into hotels in Manhattan, they house their tours in NJ (all the hotels up and down Routes 46 and 3) and bus them into the city every day. So all the hotels are booked into long term contracts. But it's common for these groups to release rooms from their block, or whole blocks as their actual business needs change.

The Ramada Inn agreed to host NNL East and give us the rooms from reserved blocks as these expired. We had room availability in January, but anxious show participants grabbed these rooms before we could announce it. We anticipate rooms becoming available around February 17th, probaby won't know if the room are released until around the 20th. Please note that we cannot guarantee it. These will not be available through the hotel, so please email us to get on the waiting list.

Room rate $65-68

Friday Night:

Cheeseburger in Paradise -- NNL East incentives

Please note- there is financial support from the show to provide the incentives

Email to: NNLEast@aol.com Subject: Hotel Room

That said...

I'm taking a lot of heat on the boards. A thread on another board has gotten to the point of personal attacks against me and NNL East.

Everyone needs to understand that NNL East is nothing more than a model car show run by volunteers. It's produced by The Tri-State Scale Model Car Club for the benefit of the hobby. Like every club sponsored show, we do this for the good of the hobby, and for our many friends.

We are one of the very few shows that actually cares enough to attempt to put together a hotel deal and Friday evening entertainment. And when our best intentions don't go smoothly, we get harsh criticism from people we thought were our friends.

Last year we delivered a whole new show. Bigger facility, larger display and more dealer tables. And we have plans to create a whole new experience in future years. You ain't seen nothing yet.

But, remember this is purely a volunteer effort. When it stops being fun, well, it stops.

So lets give him sometime I am sure that by next year it will be all hammered out.

I know he can drink like one. :lol:

HAHAHAHHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hey Bob its mermaid man and we will see who can drink like a fish. You and Rick F. did a pretty

good job the last time. i have a special drink coming the guys at work call it spooky juice.

So how many of us are going to be staying at the Ramada again this year and partying at the Cheese Burger Paradise like last year. It must have been the best NNL Eats ever. Hey Bill Stillwagon are you coming to the paradise? :D:rolleyes: .

See ya there.

Count me in my friend. See you there as always!