Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help with Decal I.D. please

hemiman_1999

• 2 weeks later...

A reverse image search shows this photo in a thread on the H.A.M.B.. That's where I'd ask around, if you haven't already.

The photo Steve added, the town under the AEI, appears to be something like Clinton, Md., but my Googling hasn't turned up any AEI in that location. I wish you luck.

13 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

A reverse image search shows this photo in a thread on the H.A.M.B.. That's where I'd ask around, if you haven't already.

The photo Steve added, the town under the AEI, appears to be something like Clinton, Md., but my Googling hasn't turned up any AEI in that location. I wish you luck.

Rob,

I did a Google search and found the following info, oddly it was on a British Car Forum website:

"AEI was a high performance shop that built, raced and maintained cars built both for street and strip. It was owned by Pete Hall and he had two mechanics that were top-notch. Pete had the contract to maintain the local police cars, so it was not unusual to be working next door and hear a dragster smoking the tires down our business street ( Aaron lane ) and everyone would stop work, come out and watch. Pete was very successful himself, and was responsible for most of the fast cars around the county."

I keep trying various searches to see if I can find a better image of the decal, but so far I haven't been able to find anything.  Seems odd that the guy was responsible for so many fast cars around the country at the time, but finding a good image or any info is so hard to do.

Steve A.

26 minutes ago, Leo64 said:

Rob,

I did a Google search and found the following info, oddly it was on a British Car Forum website:

"AEI was a high performance shop that built, raced and maintained cars built both for street and strip. It was owned by Pete Hall and he had two mechanics that were top-notch. Pete had the contract to maintain the local police cars, so it was not unusual to be working next door and hear a dragster smoking the tires down our business street ( Aaron lane ) and everyone would stop work, come out and watch. Pete was very successful himself, and was responsible for most of the fast cars around the county."

I keep trying various searches to see if I can find a better image of the decal, but so far I haven't been able to find anything.  Seems odd that the guy was responsible for so many fast cars around the country at the time, but finding a good image or any info is so hard to do.

Steve A.

If you look back at the quote, it says county, not country. 

1 hour ago, Jantrix said:

If you look back at the quote, it says county, not country. 

Thanks, when I read it I guess my mind thought country.  The Moyer Racing Team was from the Silver Springs, MD so the company may have been well known in the NE area only, so that may be why it is so hard to find a decent pic.  At least I was finally able to find a somewhat decent pic of the car showing the decal the original poster was looking for.  I found a group on Facebook that said it was for A/FX - B/FX & Fliptop Comets, and in the media section of pictures I found that pic that was actually post by Sam Auxier Jr himself.

Steve A.