Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jungle Jim Hercules chevy2 Moebius and Amt kit bash

M W Elky

I finally got around to building one of these Chevy 2 gassers. I Had decals for about 14 years then I ended up putting the white overlay on the bottom instead of the top oh well a brain freeze I guess. I kit bashed this kit with the amt awb kit. They are scaled the same and all the parts I used interchanged just fine. I cut open the back window opening to match the earlier year’s Chevy 2 ‘s. I like the look of the injected big block better than the kits blown small block. I also used the amt kit’s traction bars, front axle, and rear wheels I picked the front wheels from my parts box. Thanks to moebius  and amt for issuing these great kits at the same time. 
as always thanks for looking 👀 , mike0F610B90-4CD5-483A-A1F9-51AA880300A1.thumb.jpeg.2c2c3e1f29d5df3c31b8b7239743a60d.jpeg3FDC4F9F-8A44-4DA3-85C4-3AFADE29EB4B.thumb.jpeg.505a8d066e938f512d927a502e78d2e4.jpeg0571B0EB-B155-4AC5-A60E-3E29C9C73218.thumb.jpeg.30ee250d8345678776eefd5e181f84a1.jpeg67F675DA-CD4D-438D-98DE-9DACA3E724F0.thumb.jpeg.c151eab3f95b0485ea05c8c6bbdea137.jpeg3EC12C93-2DE0-4E84-BB71-41F4A1EFFB78.thumb.jpeg.cf934ed5067bd02cc3c9f62f2f3392e0.jpeg

Edited by M W Elky
Missing
  • Like 2

• M W Elky changed the title to Jungle Jim Hercules chevy2 Moebius and Amt kit bash

This is great!  I hadn't even thought of the Jungle Jim Hercules car.  Don't be surprised if I study this and copy it.  I built my first one as the Steve Bovan 396-II car.  My second one was the same kit bash you did, except that I built mine as the Dick Harrell altered wheelbase car.  You can see both on my thread here, Altered Wheelbase Fun.

What! No magazine cover? Just kidding Mike, this is a very nice build of  legendary JJ’s pre-funny car period gasser. When I picked up the Moebius Chevy II gasser kit, this was one of the cars I thought I might build so it’s great to see a finished one. Also, I don’t think I would have even noticed the black/ white decal overlay issue if you hadn’t mentioned it, look’s fine as is.

I’m thinking now of doing the Moebius kit as an altered wheel base car, Doug Thorley’s “Chevy-2-Much” but procrastinating because of the extensive body/ chassis surgery required. I also still want to build a “Seaton’s Shaker” with two of the Revell Chevelles, with all the cutting and puttying, maybe another “binge build” is in my future? You and Altered Ego (Jeff) with your amazing productivity, you’re leaving the rest of us in the dust here! 

John the body dimensions on the amt kit are almost the same as the moebius body. You could cut off both quarter panels at the sharp crease body line. You might ever to use the stock location quarter panels on the leftover amt hard top. I used the front spring/axle and radius rods from the amt 1966 awb mustang on my old Doug thorley  creation . I don’t think this conversation would be that hard. Good luck with it. Mikr

• Thanks 1