Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ebay peterbilt 359

Bought this older peterbilt wrecker off of ebay. It wasnt as complete as i was lead to believe so i had to track down a new frame and suspension. Gonna build this one as a tractor and save the wrecker bed for a different build. I would like to save the paint on the cab and hood and finish the original builders vision to some degreeĀ 

20221106_190438.jpg

• Like 1

After finding some instructions online,Ā  i discovered the wrecker bed was complete and decided to build the truck as such. Luckily the original builder had started on the bed and painted the beige part first. After carefully removing the old tape adhesive. I retaped the bed,cab, and hood sprayed the black,added the white pinstripes and cleared it.

20221113_142353.jpg

20221113_142350.jpg

Edited by 53gmc
More info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Thats disgusting how the usps treated your shipment. Ive received boxes of mid flaps completely ripped open..are gorillas handling our mail nowĀ 

Heck i think gorillas wouldve treated my package nicer than that lol

3 hours ago, Old Buckaroo said:

Beautiful save on a Classy Paint job !Ā 

I thought only models shipped to my address showed up like that.Ā  šŸ˜’

This is probably the worse ive ever gotten, maybe the "do not crush" all over the box was seen as some sort of micro-aggression or challenge?

Got this one finished, far from perfect but good enough for what basically started as a parts truck. According to scalemates, this kit was released around 1977, so theres a good chance that who ever started this did so before i was born. Box stock with the exception of decals, tires and rear wheel center caps, all from the parts box.

20221120_114030.jpg

20221120_114106.jpg

20221120_114131.jpg

• Like 1