Model Cars Magazine Forum

Quiet air supply 4 airbrush

well it was about time for me to bring out the airbrush again and give another go. :o

baught a airbrush about 12 years ago and found out it's harder than it looks and put it back in the box,

so now I'm wanting to step up the building skills and have realized that an air brush is nessasary. I need to stick with it and figure it out, plus I don't have any hair left so why not :huh:

well sence I bought the air brush I'v had a few kids and a compressor would wake them up at night.

So I bought a 10 gallon air tank at LOWES for 35$ and spun off the cheep airline for pumping up tires and spun on a small regulator. Had that in the tool box but thay arn't that bad on price. filled tank up to 80 psi. and sprayed through the air brush at 15 psi for around two hours. (NO NOISE EXCEPT THE AIR FROM THE BRUSH). and me saying OH MAN! alot

hope this can help someone :o

I've done the same thing. Big compressor in the garage fills the tank and I'm ready to go. I even carry the whole thing outside to spray nasty stuff like Floquil

I have had trouble runing out faster than I thought I should, two hours no way. I run about 20 psi however. I'm sure that makes a difference.

I used to have one of those big welding tank and filled it once a month with compressed air. Until I bought my self a jun-air compressor from one of my buddy’s who owns a dental office. They where doing an up grade on his building so he let one go cheap, I paid $300 for a $1,300 compressor. The only way you can tell its working and pumping air is the green light goes on. Believe me I used to have them big old compressors that went on while I was doing work late night in my shop by myself and scared the living ###### out of me. I know most of you guy’s had that happen to you.

Believe me I used to have them big old compressors that went on while I was doing work late night in my shop by myself and scared the living ###### out of me. I know most of you guy’s had that happen to you.

Yes. <_< Try it in a huge body shop in the middle of the night by yourself when you are trying to finish a job for a customer who wants the car back first thing in the morning. B) Nothing will wake you up like a loud as* air compressor kicking in out of nowhere.