Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMW 330i possibilities?

See photo.   This is my daughter's boyfriend's dad's ride.   Old Chump car series,  now CHAMP car.   They have won like the last 7 24 hr races and on Dec 3 2022, I got to watch them win an 8 hr at VIR.  Not sure I have the skills to replicate it,  but would be fun.   That call themselves "PINKIES OUT RACING" because they watched the footage and one of the guys drives with his pinkies out.  Lol

IMG_20221203_171355012.jpg

IMG_20221203_170221049.jpg

Edited by randyc

Probably not a workable idea the more I think about it.  The details would be tough.  It was great to watch though. 

This series will never get any notice because the way they are set up, spectators aren't allowed at the races.  You have to enter by saying you're on a pit crew.  But it was free entry.  

46 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

fujimi have a 325 in their range that would get you most of the way there

Probably.  This looks like a 325 from the outside.   325 was a 2.5 4cyl right?  This is a 6, but no big deal there. Of I ever built, it would be curbside I'm sure

1 minute ago, randyc said:

Probably.  This looks like a 325 from the outside.   325 was a 2.5 4cyl right?  This is a 6, but no big deal there. Of I ever built, it would be curbside I'm sure

I can sort you a 6 cylinder bme engine from the e36. I've been playing with the printer and it was one of the things i printed. I think there might be engine bay detail for it too. i think the 325 was a six pot too as it was the 325 that were the base for the m3.

I've about decided this would be too much for my desire and skill set.   It's a funky race car though.   It's "real", that's for sure.   And they actually have 2 of them, the white one and an orange one.   Just don't think I'm really up to the challenge.   

Here's a link to the race team https://racehuggins.com/pinkiesout/