Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 AMT/SMP El Camino Front Bumper & Grill

presnell

I need a front bumper and grill assembly for a 1960 AMT or SMP Chevrolet or El Camino.  I am restoring an El Camino that i had as a child, and have found all the parts except for the front bumper.  If anyone knows of any aftermarket bumpers for this model that are available you can point me to those as well.  I have looked extensively for one and cannot find one anywhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Jim

I have the original SMP front bumper and grille that you're looking for. Long ago I very carefully cut the grille off of the bumper. They can be reattached easily and the cut will not show. Rechroming would be called for on this 62 year old part. Contact me if you're interested.

20 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I have the original SMP front bumper and grille that you're looking for. Long ago I very carefully cut the grille off of the bumper. They can be reattached easily and the cut will not show. Rechroming would be called for on this 62 year old part. Contact me if you're interested.

I am interested! I have sent you a private message.

I'm sorry you couldn't find my message.  I probably did something wrong sending it.  Just let me know how much you want for the grill and bumper, or if there's a certain part you're looking for we could trade.  I have an extensive collection of models, so if you're looking for something I just might have it!  I sent a private message because I figured we would need to exchange addresses and other personal information, and I figured we probably shouldn't do that on a public forum.  I'm going to try to send another to see if it works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...