Model Cars Magazine Forum

Life is good.

I hope the rest of you are having as good a day as I am. I'm just sittin' here working on a deuce roadster and my candy apple convertible. The TV is on a music station playing 50s and 60s hits. Buddy Holly is on now singing "Im Lookin' for Someone to Love" . This month marks the 50th annniversary of the deaths of him, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper. Boy was he a genius!

I found out a long time ago that hot rods and rock and roll were inseparable. I am still able to be transported back to the 50s and 60s by the music. The Everly Brothers are on now singing "Bird Dog". I was a sopomore in high school when they came out with that million selling #1 hit. It reminds me of a certain doey eyed brunette. What a time!

I feel sorry for all who didn't experience those times. Anything was possible then. Here's to getting back to the good times. For all of you who have been caught up in the depression, I sincerely hope things get better for you soon.

Peace and goodwill to all.

I hear ya , brother. Life is good. Unfortunately it's too cold here in Florida today to go out in the shop and work on a model car. I miss the '60s but am still there. Blue jeans and tye dye T-shirts are still my kind of clothes. Your handle - Helipilot and you like '60s music. That leads me to think you might have been a chopper pilot in the 'Nam.

I hear ya , brother. Life is good. Unfortunately it's too cold here in Florida today to go out in the shop and work on a model car. I miss the '60s but am still there. Blue jeans and tye dye T-shirts are still my kind of clothes. Your handle - Helipilot and you like '60s music. That leads me to think you might have been a chopper pilot in the 'Nam.

Yup. Flew scouts in an Air Cav unit.

WELCOME HOME, Brother.

I'm USMC, 105mm FO, In Country 1969-70.

If you have it, HBO will be presenting "Final Salute" with Keven bacon on February 21, 2009. It's the story of a group that brings home the KIAs from Iraq. I read the book last week. Lots of tears. These people rerally take care of our fallen heroes.

You ever get up to Washington, DC for the Rolling Thunder demonstration? Or Memorial Day, Or Veterans Day? I'm a National Park Service volunteer at The Wall and am usually up there for those occasions.

WELCOME HOME, Brother.

I'm USMC, 105mm FO, In Country 1969-70.

If you have it, HBO will be presenting "Final Salute" with Keven bacon on February 21, 2009. It's the story of a group that brings home the KIAs from Iraq. I read the book last week. Lots of tears. These people rerally take care of our fallen heroes.

You ever get up to Washington, DC for the Rolling Thunder demonstration? Or Memorial Day, Or Veterans Day? I'm a National Park Service volunteer at The Wall and am usually up there for those occasions.

I was stationed at the Pentagon in the early 80s. I visited on Veteran's day 2004. I spent some time at The Wall with my fallen comrades. It was very moving. If you were there then I probably met you.

I was in country in 68-69 with 2/17th Air Cav; 101st Airborne Division. I have HBO and will be watching the show.

I hope the rest of you are having as good a day as I am. I'm just sittin' here working on a deuce roadster and my candy apple convertible. The TV is on a music station playing 50s and 60s hits. Buddy Holly is on now singing "Im Lookin' for Someone to Love" . This month marks the 50th annniversary of the deaths of him, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper. Boy was he a genius!

I found out a long time ago that hot rods and rock and roll were inseparable. I am still able to be transported back to the 50s and 60s by the music. The Everly Brothers are on now singing "Bird Dog". I was a sopomore in high school when they came out with that million selling #1 hit. It reminds me of a certain doey eyed brunette. What a time!

I feel sorry for all who didn't experience those times. Anything was possible then. Here's to getting back to the good times. For all of you who have been caught up in the depression, I sincerely hope things get better for you soon.

Peace and goodwill to all.

man, do I wish I was around then! the days when cars were built tough, metal not plastic. You could go somewhere and talk to someone instead of a automated "who gives a heck" phone service.music, was music, it was emotion and personal experiences. Respect and courtesey were demonstrated to others.... and did I mention... the cars!!

I was born in 86, so I missed out on all that good stuff!... except the cars! summer time I drive a 64 caddy convertible, I like talking with my grandfather who was born in `32 and my father who was born in `58 ( he got to expirience the cool models of the 60s!!!) the stories are amazing. I was talking with my grandfatehr the other day and he was telling me about his 57 buick.... he bought it off his neigbour for $75.00.... running driving , complete almost new.

he always said when I was younger... if you have the choice, the opportunity and a little bit of money.... always.. drive a cadillac!!!