Model Cars Magazine Forum

Small fisheye in paint question

Good Evening All,

I am currently building a resin kit of a Mack truck. The kit was soaked in Wesleys bleach white for 24 hours and rinsed and cleaned with dawn dish soap. Then did all the body work, sanded it smooth, washed etc. I applied a Archer Rivet decal it one small area to highlight a detail. Sealed the decal with Future, primed the cab and had no issues. Two days later I was shooting on my color coat and noticed the paint crazed or alligatored in the small spot where the decal was. I ended up sanding everything down, sanded off the rivet decal down to bare resin, went to respray the cab with primer again and a small fisheye developed where the decal used to be. Any cleaner or solvent that's safe for resin to fix this? I figured sanding would of removed any residue and dawn dish soap does a good job at removing grease but I have not run into a issue like this before. The fisheye that develops is about the diameter of a 14 gauge copper wire. The rest of the cab is fine. Any help appreciated. Paint I am using is Rust-Oleum 2x primer and paint.

Thanks

Between this forum and another that I visit there have been several reports of various sorts of 2x not performing over Rustoleum primer. As to a final wipe down I've gone to, for years now, odorless mineral spirits. Just test it on your iteration of resin first, on the inside or on an edge someplace. You don't need to soak it in the stuff just wipe down with a damp cloth or paper towel.

You can sand silicone or oils into the surface thinking you're sanding it off fwiw. Not saying you did that but that it can happen.