Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first Deuce

Helipilot16

IMG_4122_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4125_edited-1.jpg

I built this using a Revell '32 roadster body and coupe fenders. The engine is an early Hemi out of a '53 Studebaker. I still have a few parts to "bolt" on. It needs taillights (I'll probably use '39 Fords), and headlights.

I am going to build some nerf bars out of paper clips. The paint is out of a spray bomb, as I stated in another post. That's the last time I will use it!

I plan on building another twin to this one, only better. The adaptation of the fenders to the roadster body is surprisingly complicated. I had to rebuild the interior completely. The color of the interior is a combination of acrylics.

Nice rod. Not sure I understand how the addition of the fenders caused you problems with the interior? They are not related. I have built a fendered Revell roadster and had no problems.

When I first mocked up the model, the fenders didn't go far enough up into the wheel well. In order to fix the problem, I had to channel the body slightly. This entailed cutting some off the door panels and other interior modifications. Without these modifications there would have been a gap between the rear fender and the body.

Those front fenders wrap nicely around the front wheels. Did you do anything to the front suspension or is it that the full fenders really improve the stance of the Revell kit? The overall look is surprisingly contemporary. The last one you built must have been quite different. :) Nice build!

Edited by gbk1

Those front fenders wrap nicely around the front wheels. Did you do anything to the front suspension or is it that the full fenders really improve the stance of the Revell kit? The overall look is surprisingly contemporary. The last one you built must have been quite different. :) Nice build!

I was going for a contemporary look. The suspension is the dropped axle that is stock with the kit. The one I built in 1960 was a five window channeled with full fenders. It also had a Hemi. I may try to duplicate it some day.

Edited by Helipilot16