Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fresh off Hobby Lobby's shelf

I just picked this up today off the shelf at my nearby Hobby Lobby. Had one back in 1978 from a friend who started the kit and bottled painted the cab and then would clean the brush with tap water. Before you ask, I don't know why he did that. So, I am (as always) very unsure about color(s). I also can use some of you builder's experiences with this kit. I did not have a good experience with the R-685ST frame and suspension which has shied me away from attempting any other AMT Mack kits. As always suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

Mack Cruiseliner.jpg

• Like 2

This is a super nice find!  Doesn't HobbyLobby offer some great discount time to time (up to 40%) on model kits? 

If you could obtain this one at a discount price, it is surely a greater find! ;) 

And bright yellow would look definitely good on this big rig.

1 hour ago, cifenet said:

This is a super nice find!  Doesn't HobbyLobby offer some great discount time to time (up to 40%) on model kits? 

If you could obtain this one at a discount price, it is surely a greater find! ;) 

And bright yellow would look definitely good on this big rig.

Thanks. Yes 40% every other week on kits