Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Truck Wheel info

Can anyone possibly please post a picture of the back sides of these particular truck wheels. I don’t want to buy a set unless I’m sure I can use them. I’m working on the AMT Peterbilt Wrecker, but the kit supplied wheels are pretty beat out of the box, missing and broken trim rings, etc. I already did the necessary cuts to narrow the rear tow platform so the wheels protrude to the fender line like they should. So  pic would be very helpful. Thanks. 

IMG_6784.jpeg

hi Tom, I just finished the same kit and I used a set of tires from Moluminum, and tossed on a set of steer floats for make her look a little more 'beefy'.... I think those tires you are looking at are like a summer style tread, and for my build I wanted a heavy duty truck tire like I am used to on our local gravel trucks and large wreckers....I also had a set of white metal rims, and I can't remember where I got them, but was looking for a different look, I also narrowed the wrecker body and substituted a Cat 3406 aftermarket engine for some spice....

Jeff

326109504_736381411461034_5855840310313653139_n.jpg

326581771_1257754951507391_2105564565602525501_n.jpg

324725999_557268329620566_6307071811677111314_n.jpg

• Like 1

Looks awesome! Where did you get those steer tires and rims? 
I might just strip the trim rings, and paint them. 
I normally don’t bash kits, but this thing had tons of flash, and it seems that several parts on the engine, had the holes not lining up with the studs, and contact between parts. Definitely not for a beginner. I’ve spent more time cleaning up parts, than actually building. 

• Like 1

Thanks, I was happy with the final result.... the steer tires and rims came from Jamie at Moluminum    http://moluminum.com  he shows them as sold out at the moment, but he regularly makes new ones, give him a quick email, I', sure he can sort you out, he also has other rims... I also use ST Supply from here in Canada, Paul is AWESOME to deal with and has LOTS of truck stock of all sorts...    https://stsupplyco.com  have a look at the sits and there may be something you find interesting...

cheers, Jeff

Edited by Biggu
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 5:10 PM, Brutalform said:

Can anyone possibly please post a picture of the back sides of these particular truck wheels. I don’t want to buy a set unless I’m sure I can use them. I’m working on the AMT Peterbilt Wrecker, but the kit supplied wheels are pretty beat out of the box, missing and broken trim rings, etc. I already did the necessary cuts to narrow the rear tow platform so the wheels protrude to the fender line like they should. So  pic would be very helpful. Thanks. 

IMG_6784.jpeg

Here is a pic of the backside of the wheels, hope it helps

8A92E950-808E-4049-A030-85D71E367517.jpeg

• Like 1