Model Cars Magazine Forum

Salvinos JR 1971 Petty Plymouth

TooOld

From the re-worked engine mount and hood and trunk hinges to the incredible work on the seat, dashboard and interior details, I can't recall a better or more interesting NASCAR model build. Fabulous and inspiring. Thanks for taking us on the journey.

4 hours ago, Johnny Canuck said:

From the re-worked engine mount and hood and trunk hinges to the incredible work on the seat, dashboard and interior details, I can't recall a better or more interesting NASCAR model build. Fabulous and inspiring. Thanks for taking us on the journey.

Thanks very much John !

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed this. I followed the wip very carefully. Maybe I just caught it at Randy's. Anyhoo , fabulous build, Bob. The detail is amazing and the paint and cleanliness of build is through the roof.  A really spectacular build and I learned of a good source of aluminum to use on my current build and beyond. Thanks for posting this fine model.

Thanks very much Mark !  I had some self inflicted issues with the kit but overall it went together as expected . 

I never posted it in Randy's site , I thought it was shut down . . . do you have a link ?

1 hour ago, TooOld said:

Thanks very much Mark !  I had some self inflicted issues with the kit but overall it went together as expected . 

I never posted it in Randy's site , I thought it was shut down . . . do you have a link ?

Yes, I have a link and I will P.M. it to you so as not to ruffle any feathers here at MCM. A lot of guys over there that don't frequent here would love to see your build.

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed following along during the build process in your WIP. Every day I checked into the forum, the first thing I would do was look and see if you had updated your build thread. I was riveted! Now that you have posted photos of the finished product, I can describe it in one word, Outstanding!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 5:56 AM, modelcarcrazy said:

I really enjoyed following along during the build process in your WIP. Every day I checked into the forum, the first thing I would do was look and see if you had updated your build thread. I was riveted! Now that you have posted photos of the finished product, I can describe it in one word, Outstanding!

Thanks very much Tony !

On 7/15/2023 at 2:37 PM, JET. said:

Awesome build!

Thanks James !