Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 41 Chevy Pickup

Whitman80

Started my 3rd build yesterday. Its the Revell 41 Chevy Pickup. Looked over all the parts and everything looked OK. Lowered the front and rear end after building some lowering blocks, which was pretty easy. I am going to do this project as a beat up, old weathered hot rod. So far its been really fun because you don't have to worry about getting the paint perfect :lol:

Let me know what you think!

Picture056.jpg

d-1.jpg

q.jpg

w.jpg

great start man. I have feeling this is gonna be one cool beat up old truck.

Thanks Man!

Did some more work today. I added ignation wires and and radiator hoses. This is the first time I have every put these on my models. It was a challenge but it really made the motor look better. I also started weathering the cab. Let me know what you think about my color choice for this truck.

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

I like it! What are you using for weathering? That is something I would like to learn. I recently added my first set of igniton wires and I can honestly say it makes a ton of difference!

Keep up the good work.

Rudy

Hey Rudy! I use pastels and chalk to make it looked weathered. Just make sure you use a spay fixing agent on it so the chalk doesn't rub off.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Whitman