Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chris:

It works on my end, too. Only thing is it's a VERY BIG picture (1024x768). I have to scroll right to see all of it. This is because the basic layout of the forum uses up quite a bit of the left hand side of the screen. If someone has a 17" or smaller monitor, or are running a screen resolution less than 1024 x 768 this can be a PITA. This is still quite common. I would suggest a smaller image, either 800x600:

set2205-1.jpg

or even 640x480

set2205.jpg

The 640x480 is handy for workbench threads because is scans easily when you have lots of pictures.

Also useful is the clickable thumbnail option on Photobucket:

th_set2205-1.jpg

Click on the picture above for and a window will open with a larger image. Unfortunately, as you can see Photobucket has recently changed the code so that you get the whole Photobucket page with all the ads. I figured out that if you edit out " ?action=viewcurrent= " from the code you get a nice clean image without all the ad garbage:

th_set2205-1.jpg

(Click on picture for larger image) See? ;)

You can lay the thumbnails side by side by editing the image code by deleting the line return at the end of the string for each image and substituting a space. This gives you a nice side by side layout which eliminates lots of vertical height:

th_set2205-1.jpg th_set2205-1-1.jpg th_set2205-1-1-1-1.jpg th_set2205-1-1-1.jpg

(Click on picture for larger image)

I use the thumnails for workbench posts. I use the 800x600 size for Under Glass posts. I usually edit my posts in Microsoft Word so I can use the search and replace and spell check functions. I generally stick "(Click on picture for larger image)" underneath the pics so people know they can see a bigger image.

I hope you find this useful. Judging from that Merc this photo stuff should be a piece of cake! :)

Edited by gbk1

Hmmm.... verrrry interesting. The board's software seems to scrunch everything down to a 640x 480 on my widescreen monitor. The big picture at the top (the 1024 image) is just a little bigger than one screen width on my non-widescreen 19" monitor, however. The 800 image I posted got scrunched down to the 640 size exactly. Sort of makes everything into a large clickable thumbnail! I've noticed this before but never was able to quantify it. It doesn't do it right away. Yesterday the 800 image I posted was full size. Hmmmm.....