Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bill Elliott 1998 McDonalds Taurus

Bbo1974

I'm all done with Bill Elliott's 1998 McDonalds Ford Taurus.  All box stock with the exception of the photo etched grille and scratch built flat exhaust.  I lowered the front and rear, and added a little plastic to the front air am to make it sit lower in the front.  Also, this is the first making the rear spoiler support braces.  I thought it would be really hard but it wasn't as difficult as I expected.

This was my first NASCAR Taurus build and overall it was more fun than I was expecting. 

Up next for me is the 1999 Taurus.   Its the same car as 1998 but with a new paint scheme.  I see some decals by Madame on ebay and some other sites, but I'm not sure I want to use them.  3 Amigos has the 25th anniversary decals for the 2000 car (which I can't wait to build btw).  I may try to use those decals on the 1999 car.  If anyone knows of another source for the 1999 decals (first year with a black roof) please comment below.  Also, I welcome any suggestions or tips, its always fun trying something new!

1998-1.jpg

1998-2.jpg

1998-3.jpg

1998-4.jpg

1998-5.jpg

1998-6.jpg

• Like 1