Model Cars Magazine Forum

RB Motion?

Does anyone know if Robert Bentley (RB Motion) is still making his wonderful aluminum fittings? His website has been weird for several months and he is no longer on eBay either. I did send him an email yesterday, but no response yet. Just curious if anyone has ordered from or heard from him recently. Thanks guys. 

1 hour ago, Pierre Rivard said:

He still is but it takes time to get the orders filled. I just received fittings purchased in November. If you e-mail him he eventually answers. Beautiful parts but plan ahead, he appears to be very busy.

As an aftermarket manufacture myself and someone who loves RB product......7 months is unacceptable.  If I take more than 2 days to ship product I am in the hospital or away.....one week was the longest it ever took. 7 months to me means refund. JUST IMHO ONLY

• Like 4

On 5/23/2023 at 8:22 AM, Dave Van said:

As an aftermarket manufacture myself and someone who loves RB product......7 months is unacceptable.  If I take more than 2 days to ship product I am in the hospital or away.....one week was the longest it ever took. 7 months to me means refund. JUST IMHO ONLY

I totally agree

• 2 weeks later...

So I emailed an order back in April, he requested payment May 2nd, which I sent through Pay Pal.  Emailed him June 2nd for an update on the order, his was reply was " do you have any info on the order was it last year or what". Forwarded the original order and payment info, no reply back. Going to Pay Pal to start dispute. To bad, ordered from him for over 10 years, really great stuff, but when his website got funky it sent up a red flag. Should have known better.

15 minutes ago, Hemifever said:

So I emailed an order back in April, he requested payment May 2nd, which I sent through Pay Pal.  Emailed him June 2nd for an update on the order, his was reply was " do you have any info on the order was it last year or what". Forwarded the original order and payment info, no reply back. Going to Pay Pal to start dispute. To bad, ordered from him for over 10 years, really great stuff, but when his website got funky it sent up a red flag. Should have known better.

Back when I bought from him each Toledo Fall meet he was a great guy. Even offered some 2nd's that were a good deal. But as someone that made resin kits at one time the biz that was your hobby can get difficult to keep going. So I will not come down to hard......but maybe it is time to just shut it down. Don Holthaus knew when it was time....many others too,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 1