Model Cars Magazine Forum

Garage 56 NASCAR Camaro Le Mans 2023

Phildaupho

I am attempting to build a model of the NASCAR Camaro that raced at the recent 2023 24 Hours of Le Mans. I have a WIP thread under Other Racing [see link below] but I am curious as to your comments regarding the real car and any guidance you can offer in terms of building the Salvinos JR kit.

This is a test shot of prototype decals printed on paper and stuck on with Scotch Tape.

IMG-0481.thumb.jpg.8ee46e414920a2127753c1d25c3e11e4.jpg

The conversion requires a number of modifications

Open up headlight and grill areas and install 3D grills and headlights

Extend front splitter

Add front dive planes

Add side mirrors

Add rear canards

Fill fuel filler on left rear fender

Add fuel filler to right side rear window

Extend rear diffuser and add two more strakes

Replace steering wheel with one more rectangular with control buttons

Add paddle shifters eliminating stick shift

Add tow rings front and rear

• Like 1

Contact the fine folks at Salvino's JR  Models.   I bellieve they might be able to help with some of the additions that you are looking for concerning the garage 56 camaro.  You might consider joining the club too!!

2 hours ago, Mikey56 said:

Contact the fine folks at Salvino's JR  Models.   I bellieve they might be able to help with some of the additions that you are looking for concerning the garage 56 camaro.  You might consider joining the club too!!

Yes I heard they were making conversion parts but I am well on my way now so will continue building my own version. It is a fun and interesting challenge. I have recently signed up on the website to get updates.

Edited by Phildaupho

Are the side mirrors essentially the same as the factory mirrors? I don't think they've changed much year over year, and you might be able to find a cheap street version of the 2015 or later model to pilfer them from.

19 minutes ago, DanR said:

Are the side mirrors essentially the same as the factory mirrors? I don't think they've changed much year over year, and you might be able to find a cheap street version of the 2015 or later model to pilfer them from.

Dan - The Garage 56 side mirrors are more square than the stock mirrors and they do come with the Salvinos JR garage 56 parts kit.

GettyImages-1467079617-780x520.jpg.ab422a10032ba09345637286700dc53a.jpg