Model Cars Magazine Forum

Something for nearly everyone!

One of my favourite things as a modeller is seeing kits in person you never thought you’d see; Either built, at a show, or better yet, for sale somewhere so you can add it to your stash! For me, that’s tied with the thrill of finding out there IS a kit of THAT, whatever weird and wonderful “that” that maybe.

No wonder, then, I love going to antiques stores and swap meets – it’s like a giant garage sale of potential sprue awesomeness! It’s rare to find a lot of variety, but this spring proved to have a bumper crop of old and varied models out there waiting for me! About the only thing I build that I didn’t get was armour, but that’s okay.

Check out my last few months’ haul below for a little bit of everything from around the world! There’s gotta be something in there to make you smile!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/spring-2023-haul/

spacer.png

Edited by Faust
  • Like 1

Those Classic Airframes 1:48 kits were a revelation back when they first came out, but all that resin combined with few locating pins made me happy I disposed of them when I did. I wouldn't mind seeing a new tool of a Fairey Battle, though.

The JoHan Gold Cup classic series kits are some of the easier JoHan kits to find in the used market. The designers did a great job on the Mercedes and Cadillac kits, but wish they would have continued the series beyond the Chrysler Turbine. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some really great finds on there!

I know about the swap meets and antique stores.  My best scores have almost all come from them.  My wife and I go every chance we get.  The most exciting part for me is that you never know what you’re going to find.  It’s like being on a treasure hunt!👍

• 1 month later...

Yeah, hobby shops are great, but being able to get your hands on stuff you've never even seen or heard of before is an awesome feeling. I love model shows because it's often people blowing out their collections, and man, if that doesn't smell like gold, nothing does! :)