Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plamoz

Plamoz was a bit of a one hit wonder, well, maybe a bit more than that.  They were based out of Hong Kong and offered wheel and tire sets (some have said that their Shelby 10 spokes were the most accurate ever in scale), photo etched detail-up sets, resin trans-kits, metal transfers (I have a few of their transfer sets for the Moebius 300B, they are simple but perfect) and a few other miscellaneous items.  Their products covered European, Asian and US market cars.  They came on strong with a fantastic product, price and service but seemed to die off pretty quickly.  Their website remained active for years but, the majority of their products were out of stock and never restocked.  I would check their site occasionally and place an order for something just because of the cool factor and their response and service always remained perfect with my most recent order within the past eight weeks or so.  I noticed recently though that their website was gone and assumed that they were gone also.  But, I dug around a little online and found that they had taken down their website while in the process of moving from Hong Kong to Japan and they intend to open a new store front in Japan with an apparent renewed interest in scale automotive items again.  I sure hope that they will restock some of their detail up items ( Revell 918, Mclaren, AMG, etc) and hopefully bring to market some of the items that they had hinted at along with some completely new products.

• Like 2

They were great at addressing Revell kit issues, like new wheels, tires, etc.  Glad to see them restarting. It was weird, because all of a sudden the proprietor stopped responding to people on FB years back and would simply sell what remained from the website.