Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, here's the third one I just finished in the series of six. Still fun, but the Trick Trikes with the V8 engines are perhaps just a tad trickier to assemble than their Honda inline four counterparts. The toughest part of this one was working out the slight warpage on the front part of the body. The paint is Testors Color Shift Purple Sunrise shot over white primer. The interior is Model Master Plum Crazy I had lying around. I tried shooting the photos in different kinds of light, but to see the color shifting effect, direct sunlight seemed to be the best bet. Hope you enjoy!

a.jpg.0216e189e881f84dce773341403bafa3.jpg

b.jpg.4e5e7db411a472d117428bb7d42d763a.jpg

c.jpg.aab0ddb5374099cb332c5bfefd033e50.jpg

d.jpg.9c79f1d12eb2362fb3b4b111d925d160.jpg

e.jpg.960f9605a8a5528ffdbf817dca2af551.jpg

f.jpg.61f196c904cf75ac99c3ca4302b3d337.jpg

g.jpg.84cde5cc3833bbb00021185259901ea6.jpg

h.jpg.065351fe8ae5b19a1f7307236ae31cb3.jpg

i.jpg.d1d274ff786391f5c09d89fd28df08bb.jpg

j.jpg.2a663ae9625a8ccf14b040c045078639.jpg

Edited by ea0863
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Street Rod said:

Another cool trike, I like the paint, suits the bike better than the box art. 

Thank you Doyle. May I confess to you though that I meant to make it like the box art, and failed miserably? :) I bought a Testors color shifting purple that looked very similar to the box, and never read the directions that said it needed to be shot over black primer. When I shot it over white primer though, it looked so pearlescent that I decided to stick with it. The pictures don't do the paint justice - it really shimmers and reflects all kinds of hues of purple, pink, and green. So this one, for me, was a happy mistake!

21 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

Thanks Chris. The Mail Box Chopper is going to be posted later today. These go together fairly quickly, and the most fun part for me is figuring out colors and decals (they come with all kinds of decals for different tastes).

On 8/13/2023 at 2:20 PM, ea0863 said:

Thank you Doyle. May I confess to you though that I meant to make it like the box art, and failed miserably? :) I bought a Testors color shifting purple that looked very similar to the box, and never read the directions that said it needed to be shot over black primer. When I shot it over white primer though, it looked so pearlescent that I decided to stick with it. The pictures don't do the paint justice - it really shimmers and reflects all kinds of hues of purple, pink, and green. So this one, for me, was a happy mistake!

After I commented on this bike yesterday, I had the thought that it would be cool to do all six in color shift paint, doing each one in the color that most closely matches the box art. I don’t know how long it’ll be before I get to them, but that’s my plan.

13 hours ago, Street Rod said:

After I commented on this bike yesterday, I had the thought that it would be cool to do all six in color shift paint, doing each one in the color that most closely matches the box art. I don’t know how long it’ll be before I get to them, but that’s my plan.

That is a great idea! I'll look forward to seeing your rainbow collection :) 

• 2 months later...