Model Cars Magazine Forum

CAD WIP vintage motor boat and trailer

What I really miss in this hobby is the concentration on the top of the line models (well, Revell started lately to see the light) and lack of accessories. It is somewhat disappointing to put time and effort in a model seeking perfection, then loose all the realism by standing in front of books on a shelf. I know, dioramas need space, time, imagination, and above all, accessories. The latter what I would love to see, but never came true. Luckily, I am old (or young??) enough to witness the 3D printing age. I did some detail parts and camping and boat trailers to introduce some realism and also uniqueness to my models. Sadly, I am working with a faster pace in the digital world than in real life. Instead of building the camping trailers I did the last couple of months, I started another CAD project, which I am sharing its WIP with you here.  I used some online boat building plans to create this vintage motor boat. It will consist of roughly 10 parts, so not a big hassle to build. I did my best to achieve proper kit engineering. Since clear parts are difficult to print, I designed it with flat wind screen that can be fabricated of any clear sheet. The pictures are a bit outdated. It looks slightly different, has a propeller and a rudder, as well as a dashboard and steering wheel. I am currently working on the seats. I am torn between a bench or bucket seats. What do you think??

and....

Since we are interested in cars rather than boats, a matching trailer will follow.

I hope you like it.

368666535_5485801764878407_7995486570038788046_n.jpg

368721346_682237810169014_6504528024775327069_n.jpg

368468093_1419570185270065_3038290323720982003_n.jpg

Edited by khier
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...