Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Powerstroke

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a resin or 3d printed Ford Powerstroke engine out there. I did "google" and all that I could find is the Meng kit and i'm not paying hundreds of $ for a kit I need the engine out of.

Thanks for any help,

Russ

A site called "trailer trash" had his engine as well as the Dodge-Cummins and also the GM Duramax engines several years ago when I bought the 7.3 Powerstroke.  I really would like to find and buy the non turbo 6.9L Diesel Ford used that was really made by International Harverstor 40years ago in theri pickups-admittedly (really hoping here), so I can one day put it into a Moebus PU of that time frame (1980-1986).

On 9/27/2023 at 8:31 PM, AlbertS said:

A site called "trailer trash" had his engine as well as the Dodge-Cummins and also the GM Duramax engines several years ago when I bought the 7.3 Powerstroke.  I really would like to find and buy the non turbo 6.9L Diesel Ford used that was really made by International Harverstor 40years ago in theri pickups-admittedly (really hoping here), so I can one day put it into a Moebus PU of that time frame (1980-1986).

Here is that link: Home / Trailer Trash Kustomz (bigcartel.com) 

On 10/1/2023 at 10:29 AM, AlbertS said:

I bought his Powerstroke a couple of months ago and was not pleased.
Tho it was shipped quickly the heads were well printed (see pics). He sent an LS I guess as a consolation but that doesn't help the situation.
Lucky for me I have a CAD program and a printer so I will be duplicating the heads and reprinting them.
I won't say don't buy it because you can also use styrene rod and fabricate another set, or modify some gas engine heads.
What I am saying is that when you buy a product you expect it to be usable as is. I've bought from him before and not been this disappointed so I'll not bash him.

IMG_20231002_113938663~2.jpg

IMG_20231002_113855002~2.jpg

IMG_20231002_113917672~2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...