Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Giants - 1970s 1/32 Japanese Fighters

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, everyone!

Normally, I’m a 1/72 plane person, although I do have a few kits in 1/48 due to the subject’s availability in 1/72. However, it’s very, very rare for me to bother with ktis any larger than that. Well… it used to be.

My old-kit lust got the better of me at a recent model show and I fell in love with some old, early 1970s-era, 1/32 Japanese fighters! They come from a number of companies, and make a very interesting counterpoint to what we expect out of a kit in that scale today!

I thought I’d fight my Turkey Hangover by putting these out there for everyone to take a look at! Enjoy this trip down memory lane!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/1970s-era-1-32-japanese-fighters/

spacer.png

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

I remember these Revell 1/32 scale kits from the early 70's. There was quite a selection including Second World War subjects and modern jet aircraft.  I managed to save my paper route money and had a few.  I recall the Hasegawa kits but don't recall ever stumbling across any of those other brands.

I eventually got one I really wanted and that was the Mitsubishi J2M Raiden. Parts fit was not the best and the fuselage was a bit twisted. I persevered but never did finish it. 

cheers, Graham