Model Cars Magazine Forum

KITT seasons 1&2 hero car

michelle

this is a replica of the hero car used in season 1 and 2 I made this using two different original 1/25 scale mpc knight rider models one was almost complete kit that had some parts melted to the tires and a partial glue bomb built up I basically just swaped the body hood and glass from the glue bomb built up with the ones from the almost complete kit the some of the engine bay parts and turbo jet engine came from spare Jada 1/24 scale die-cast KITT I also used the dash decals from it also I scratch built the tow bar receiver that allowed both the hero car the insert car and the back up to the hero car to be attached to a Camera truck so they could film out on the actual roads with the either just David or David and someone else in the car doing driving scenes it is also how you can tell if the car on screen is one of the 3 cars mentioned above or one the stunt cars which did not have the tow bar receiver 

20231008_224543.jpeg

20231008_224927.jpeg

20231008_224733.jpeg

20231008_224700.jpeg

20231008_224641.jpeg

20231008_224647.jpeg

20231008_224653.jpeg

20231008_224952.jpeg

20231008_224611.jpeg

20231008_224231.jpeg

20231008_224238.jpeg

20231008_224455.jpeg

20231008_224220.jpeg

20231008_224225.jpeg

• Like 3

Wow, you continue educate regarding this TV show and the history of these vehicles. The use of the turbine engine is very high tech.  I love that dash, why can't I get that kind of dash in my Camry?  😄

Edited by karbuildr

24 minutes ago, karbuildr said:

Wow, you continue educate regarding this TV show and the history of these vehicles. The use of the turbine engine is very high tech.  I love that dash, why can't I get that kind of dash in my Camry?  😄

thank you 
KITT's turbine turbojet engine ran on liquid nitrogen not gas but in early season 1 episodes KITT was able to use any type of combustible fuel and could separate the harm full by products and break them down to the base molecules as KITT did not have a normal exhaust system but something else that can withstand high temps like from a turbo jet but not a ram jet as after KITT was damaged in the las vegas desert after the first encounter with goliath so to get them back to flag headquarters  michael has to reconfigure KITT's damaged turbine turbojet engine into a ram jet just to get back home 

23 hours ago, michelle said:

thank you 
KITT's turbine turbojet engine ran on liquid nitrogen not gas but in early season 1 episodes KITT was able to use any type of combustible fuel and could separate the harm full by products and break them down to the base molecules as KITT did not have a normal exhaust system but something else that can withstand high temps like from a turbo jet but not a ram jet as after KITT was damaged in the las vegas desert after the first encounter with goliath so to get them back to flag headquarters  michael has to reconfigure KITT's damaged turbine turbojet engine into a ram jet just to get back home 

Wow, that sure was interesting reading. I had no clue. Fascinating stuff Michelle, it truly is, thanks for the education. Just goes to show, you can always learn something new.

22 minutes ago, karbuildr said:

Wow, that sure was interesting reading. I had no clue. Fascinating stuff Michelle, it truly is, thanks for the education. Just goes to show, you can always learn something new.

i really love knight rider as it is a mix of two of my favorite genres sci-fi and crime solving procedural dramas 
the thing is i only got into knight rider late august of this year when i started to watch clips from episodes on youtube and then found a  cool channel that  has episode commentaries loaded with behind the scenes info and lots of other awesome info on the different cars used in the show and i got a  blu-ray  knight rider complete series box set early last month and binge watched the full series and learned about KITTs systems and capabilities and propulsion  the thing is we never see  the turbine turbo jet engine in the show  just mentioned it we also never saw the underside of KITT unless they had it disguised with the skid plates or a full cover over the full bottom or good under hood shots in the show 

Edited by michelle

1 minute ago, michelle said:

i really love knight rider as it is a mix of two of my favorite genres sci-fi and crime solving procedural dramas 
the thing is i only got into knight rider late august of this year when i started to watch clips from episodes on youtube and then found a  cool channel that  has episode commentaries loaded with behind the scenes info and lots of other awesome info on the different cars used in the show and i got a  blu-ray  knight rider complete series box set in early last month and binge watched the full series and learned about KITTs systems and capabilities and propulsion  the thing is we never see  the turbine turbo jet engine in the show  just mentioned it we also never saw the underside of KITT unless they had it disguised with the skid plates or a full cover over the full bottom or good under hood shots in the show 

I absolutely love reading the information you provide about these cars and the show itself, even though I never watched it. Just interesting stuff I guess when it's something I never knew.

6 minutes ago, karbuildr said:

I absolutely love reading the information you provide about these cars and the show itself, even though I never watched it. Just interesting stuff I guess when it's something I never knew.

i got many more knight rider models planed some actual knight rider KITTs  and some are my own creations  and 2 other knight rider inspired models though i still have to track down a couple particular firebirds and get 5 aoshima knight rider KITT kits 3 of the same kit and one each of 2 different kits