Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Chevy C10 from long to short

As ya guys know I been attacking a 72 Pickup and decided to make it a shortbed I started with an AMT 72 Cheyenne with ###### trim molding but saved it by going to a basic C10 no big there just sand all the trim off anyone can do that

S7300376.jpg

a week or so ago I decided to go Short and got some ideas from other modelers heres what I was told

take 1 foot from the bed ahead of the wheel well and 6 inches from behind which I did and here ya can see the cuts after it was together again

S7301880.jpg

Next was to take 1 foot from the wheelbase in the frame which I did just under the cab to save the suspension you can see the frame hanging out just ahead of the bed

S7301878.jpg

Put it all back together and you get this

S7301881.jpg

this pic shows how much is out of the bed that is the kit bedcover on it

S7301882.jpg

Heres a few links I found on cuttin the truck up I figured if they do it on a 1/1 why can't we do it in scale

this article is more for the frame since they use an aftermarket bed

http://www.sporttruck.com/techarticles/070...sion/index.html

and this one actually used a long bed to make a short so you can see the process of cutting an actual bed

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/body/0805tr..._bed/index.html

Sorry I didn't do a full how to but I wasn't sure this truck would happen I'm also not sure that this method works on other trucks aside from the fact that if you reverse it on the 55and 57 step beds you can make a Long step bed

• 2 weeks later...