Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car-llections?

How many of you collect model cars? Not just the plastic model kit's we see you building here in this fourm, but I"m talking about collecting die-cast cars? What's your favorite scale, brand, theme, type of cars you collect? What's the most you've paid for your favorite car? There's a company out there called BBR that makes 1/43 scale Resin and die-cast model's of my all time favorite Koenig Specials, but their very pricey.

My favorite scale is 1/43 simply cause you can fit so many in such a small space as apposed to 1/18 scale. 1/18 is just as nice, but does take alot of room. Also, the range of cars seems to be much wider in 1/43 scale than any other scale I've encountered! Even my beloved 2001 Honda Insight is in 1/43 scale thank's to Ebbro!

Thank's! In keeping it to 1/24-25 scale, you'll probably love Kyosho's 1/28 scale AutoScale models which are highly detailed plastic bodies designed for their RC car's known as Mini-Z's.

Here is a picture of one I just recently got of a very classic Nissan Skyline racer from some Japanese show. They have many bodies from Japanese show's.

NissanHakonaSkylineSilver-1.jpg

These bodies range from 25 dollars on up to around 200 for the rarest ones.

They also have alot of nice exotic Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, and several movie cars including both KITT and KARR from Knight Rider, the Batmobile, the Mad Max Road Warrior, The Mach 5, and yes, even the flying Delorean from Back to The Future. The details are just as amazing as good quality die-cast's. Many of us like to just collect the bodies alone!

Edited by FujimiLover

O Yes, Love the Mini-Zs.

I love the Nissan Skyline racer

Hard to even get extra bodys for them in my hood.

I have the Mach-5 :D display

Had to get that one..

WRX. Blue

Porsche. Yellow

HLJ always gets them fast, cancels, or B/O right way..

I wanted the H-1. So I ended up getting that in in the raw.

One

Hi Landers. Got the Land Cruizer.

Mini Brute. put a SideKick body on it..

Edited by Zukiholic

I collect diecast at times IF it looks right in scale----------especially in 1/25 scale. Danbury is probably the best when it comes to scale fidelity in diecast.

What's the most I've paid?

Well I have a few of those 1/12 scale Danbury Mint diecasts that were $500+ with accessories! :(

That was B.M. (Before Mortgage)----------Can't spend money like that too much these days! :D

Along with my 25th models, I tend to buy the Danbury Mints,as I think the quality is MUCH better than Franklin Mints. I've NEVER gotten a Franklin Model that SOMETHING did'nt fall off in shipping. So maybe it was just a hubcap, but for the price,I don't want to have to repair it! Danbury cars are put together MUCH better! And they make ALOT of 68/70 B bodies, I just got the 70 Charger from them and it's PERFECT! :D

I like MiniChamps and Ebbro for 1/43, AutoArt and Kyosho for 1/18 scale.

Right now I'm itching to collect Kyosho's new 1/43 scale RC car the Dnano. But it's very expensive, around 200 for just chassis and body, then another 130 or so for what they call the starter kit which includes transmitter, tiny lipo battery, and charger. Their thinking is, you buy just one starter kit, and you can bind the transmitter to all your cars as they use the popular new 2.4 technology. Anyway, a pricey but very fun little car and very awesome to drive a highly detailed small scale RC car around the kitchen counter with precision driving. It is far, far, far from being a toy other than it's puny size. Very well built and lot's of fun to race on a proper track.

Anyway, I like MiniChamps, Ebbro, AutoArt and Kyosho. I also love BBR as they make some of my favorite exotic cars, but their very expensive. Funny how something so small like 1/43 scale can cost so much money.

Currently about 25 1/18 cars, mostly 1930s to 1950s. I love the Highway 61 cars (53 Hudson, 53 Kaiser) and the high-end Ertl (like the 57 T-Bird, 37 Lincoln Zephyr coupe and '50 Olds Futuramic) as well as Motor City Classics (57 Studebaker Golden Hawk, 48 Chrysler T&C convertible and 39 Chevy woody); also have a bunch of classics from Signature including the 36 Chrysler Airflow and the Jaguar XK-120. Probably my favorite of all these large-scale die-casts is the Jada "Godfather" 1940 Cadillac Limo.

I also have 60 or 70 1/32 die-casts, most being Signature products originally made for the National Motor Museum Mint.