Model Cars Magazine Forum

Doors on '65 Lincoln Convertible

10 hours ago, bobss396 said:

I have considered it. I would think of laying a piece of brass rod hidden under the door openings.

I have considered it. I would think of laying a piece of brass rod hidden under the door openings.

Guess would have to do something to re-enforce me there
hr fran

22 hours ago, Bainford said:

Andy Oldenburg has '57 Cadillac Brougham build going on in the WIP section where he has done a similar job. 

Thank you. Will check

Something like .047" brass wire would do it, maybe something like .016" or .032" brass strip x 1/8" or 3/16" wide. If you could find it in that width.

I did the front fender reinforcement thing on a stock car body. I used a piece of .010" aluminum (chimney step flashing), bonded it with CA glue and it worked. Maybe that would also work in your case.

Something like .047" brass wire would do it, maybe something like .016" or .032" brass strip x 1/8" or 3/16" wide. If you could find it in that width.

I did the front fender reinforcement thing on a stock car body. I used a piece of .010" aluminum (chimney step flashing), bonded it with CA glue and it worked. Maybe that would also work in your case.

I can look at Ace Hardware. They have a nice selection of small brass and aluminum tubing and flat metal. Thanks. Appreciate it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Super28 said:

I can look at Ace Hardware. They have a nice selection of small brass and aluminum tubing and flat metal. Thanks. Appreciate it

Some hardware stores have the K&S line of metals, hobby shops too. Worst case, eBay to the rescue. I have even used floral wire in a pinch.