Model Cars Magazine Forum

UPDATE!!!! Possible bad bottle of scalefinish paint? Questions!

So I was getting ready to spray color onto bronco tonight, but something told me to test on a mule, and boy I’m I glad I did. So airbrush of choice is iwata eclipse as usual, and airbrush works perfectly fine up until I started testing out this new color. I assumed my airbrush was acting up even though my primer session went perfectly fine. So the issue is the paint sprays fine, but as you spray it tiny droplets of paint spots land on the finish as you paint. So thinking my airbrush is acting up I go to changing out parts, and testing after each part I change out. New needle packing, new needle, new nozzle, new O ring. After all that the paint continues to put tiny droplets onto the surface as I paint. So after hours of testing I tried another color, and paint perfectly fine, and retested primer as well which paint’s perfectly fine. So is it a bad batch of paint? I’m just wanting to know before I let James know my situation to try, and  get a replacement bottle if possible. 

Edited by Dpate

21 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Sure sounds like it.  I'd ping Jameston with the info you provided and any photos you might be to take and get his advice.

The 2nd image in the pic is basically what’s happening. Airbrush been spraying perfect from day 1 until I started testing this color out. Also I spray his paints at 20PSI never had an issue either until now. Even tested at 30 PSI, and same thing even with all the new parts. So something must’ve not been mixed right in the paint. But I’ll let James know to see what’s up. First time this has happened with his paints so kinda baffled. 
IMG_2075.jpeg.c8e145ce269df0da780f086444fb0f88.jpeg

Edited by Dpate

• Dpate changed the title to UPDATE!!!! Possible bad bottle of scalefinish paint? Questions!

So after explaining everything to James he’s sending out a new bottle of paint. Great guy and service. Not sure how bad bottle of paint happens, but very rare with his paints as this is the first bottle out of the 60 colors I own from him to be bad.