Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Auto Enthusiast CD

1st 700 Quad

Some years back, Kalmbach Publishing offered a CD with all of the back issues of SAE in pdf form. Does anyone have a copy and would be willing to search it for a specific article? I'd be interested in trading for it if anyone's interested.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by 1st 700 Quad

7 hours ago, Leo64 said:

I have both the CDs that they did of the SA issues.  What article were you looking for?  I can find it and save it as a PDF and email it to you.

Steve A.

OUTSTANDING! 

They did an article about kitbashing a MPC 1932 Chevrolet Roadster and a Monogram (I know different scales) Packard Boattail Speedster to make a 1932 Chevrolet Boattail Speedster. That's the article I am searching for.

Hope you can find it.

Thanks

Steve

Hey Steven,

I did a search in the first CD of SAE that covers the first 35 years from 1979-2013, and did a search using "Packard" "Boattail" and "1932 Chevy".  There were a few mentions of Packards in the Collectors Corner (which was for 1/43rd scale).  There was one article when I did the 1932 Chevy search that was titled "Shark Bite" about combining a 1932 Chevy and an early 60s Corvette.  It was a light and darker blue color. Attached is a pic of the car from the article.  Not sure if this was the model you were thinking of.

The second CD covers the years from 2014-2018. and I couldn't find an article like you were describing in any of the issues.

Shark Bite.jpg

Steven,

I got to wondering if maybe the article you were looking for could have been in another magazine.  I went looking to see if I could find info about the old Car Modeler magazine that Kalmbach bought out.  I did find an image of the Nov 1991 issue that shows an article titled " '32 Chevy Roadster How To".  Not sure what the article is about.

Steve A.

Car Modeler Nov 1991.jpg

36 minutes ago, Leo64 said:

Hey Steven,

I did a search in the first CD of SAE that covers the first 35 years from 1979-2013, and did a search using "Packard" "Boattail" and "1932 Chevy".  There were a few mentions of Packards in the Collectors Corner (which was for 1/43rd scale).  There was one article when I did the 1932 Chevy search that was titled "Shark Bite" about combining a 1932 Chevy and an early 60s Corvette.  It was a light and darker blue color. Attached is a pic of the car from the article.  Not sure if this was the model you were thinking of.

The second CD covers the years from 2014-2018. and I couldn't find an article like you were describing in any of the issues.

Shark Bite.jpg

Sadly that's not it. I may have the magazine wrong. Thanks for looking. Guess I'll have to figure it out on my own. 🙂

Steve