Model Cars Magazine Forum

Builds from back in the day

Since I moved, all my models are packed away in storage since there is no space for building or displaying them anymore. So here are some shots of my builds from back in the day. I went a little overboard with my building - Tim had the market cornered on Pete and KW builds, so I tended toward more esoteric (weird stuff) builds. This first one is of a heavy haul KW T800 - jeep - lowboy - tag dolly. The T800 is a standard T600 with stretched frame, the hood assembly is a cut and modded combo of W925 and T600 hoods. In this photo, I have done the weathering on the jeep but not the truck or trailer parts.

609350432427016.jpg

Edited by Amtronic
  • Like 1

I liked taking the lowboy trailer and cutting it up and making a more modern lowboy trailer from the parts. This one has as a load a scratchbuilt loader that used the tires and wheels from a monster truck kit.

608434042518655.jpg

71616 001.JPG

• Like 1

My building got increasingly more erratic and over the top. This one is the last one I attempted, and never finished since the move interrupted it. The first couple photos are of the real item, a salt harvester down in Mexico. The rest are of the build in progress and mock-up to judge the stance etc. I never went for an exact duplicate of the real equipment, using them more for inspiration.

consalt2500harvester.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Picture 0161.jpg

Picture 0061.jpg

• Like 1