Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prudhomme Pepsi Challenger

dragin70s

This is the old 1/32 Monogram Snap-Fast Don Prudhomme Pepsi Challenger kit. Obviously, a snap kit leaves alot to be desired, so I added as much as my patience would allow. Scratch built oil filters, fuel pump, steering "wheel", added plug wires, injector hard lines, fuel and oil lines, guages, and steering rod. Pretty much done with the chassis (yeah, gotta paint the front wheel hubs), maybe a little touch up here or there. Now, onto the body. Had to scratch build a tin for it. Hopefully can make some progress on that soon. Anyway, thanks for the forum to share.

100_0276.jpg

100_0277.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, truly a snap-tite kind of kit. There is so much you could change on this kit, but at 1/32, its more of a challenge than I wanted to take on. So, sort of halfway, detailed what I could without completely re-doing everything. More of detail by addition than detail by alteration. I hope I can do the body justice.

Nice.. especially with what there is to work with in the Kit..

I have a few...One of these days..LOL.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I've been gathering up a variety of 1/32 Funny Car kits to convert to slot cars, but after seeing what you've accomplished with this kit, I think I may have to try detailing a few of them. The Mustangs, Dusters and LN7s seem to turn up fairly frequently, but the Prudhomme Firebird is a relatively rare bird. Can't wait to see what you do with the body!

Thanks,

Rick V.

Rick: The body has been a pain. Bad luck with the paint, so stripped it with Super Clean, filled the holes the flip top rod went in, sanded it out, and its ready to try to paint again. Hoping this time goes better. You ought to try one, look at my mistakes, or skill limitations, and make it better.

Very nice! I've been gathering up a variety of 1/32 Funny Car kits to convert to slot cars, but after seeing what you've accomplished with this kit, I think I may have to try detailing a few of them. The Mustangs, Dusters and LN7s seem to turn up fairly frequently, but the Prudhomme Firebird is a relatively rare bird. Can't wait to see what you do with the body!

Thanks,

Rick V.