Model Cars Magazine Forum

Puerto Rico Open Model Car and Collectibles show

ismaelg

Hello,

First of all, I'm exhausted! Had to go to work to get some rest! 🙂
The 2024 Puerto Rico Open Model Car and Collectibles show was a success.  Model show with cars, aircraft, naval ships, dioramas, figures, modified diecasts, Gundam and more!  Slot Car racetrack, Hot Wheels racetrack, RC dirt track, RC rock crawling obstacle, 1:1 show cars, bikes, tons of vendors, 501st Legion, etc. Two intense days where I was competing in the model show, photographing for the magazine and doing the airbrushing seminar.
The seminar was a success! To the point the organizers asked if I could do it again on Sunday. But time was limited. I had to photograph close to 100  models including interviewing the modelers and filling out spec forms for the captions I'll use in the article. I was not able to video-record the seminar as initially intended. It was crowded and a bit chaotic with everything else going on.
You are all invited to next year's event!  I'll let you know the date as soon as it is set.  Met an attendee from Michigan who said that just the 50 degrees difference in temperature was worth the trip 🤣
Here are a few pictures from some of the attendees of the seminar. I think you can pick out who I am from the pics. 🤣
Again, THANKS Gregg for sponsoring this!

In Spanish but I'm sure you can decipher it.
2v2eGRLhoxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eGYmMjxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eGYmjNxJ21ND.jpg
Carefully selected airbrushes to include every variation and type of mix/feed/action/ cup size

2v2eGYmnrxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eGYmLdxJ21ND.jpg
Yes, I hauled my compressor and my trusty 30 years old air tank among other things.

2v2eGYmhqxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eGYmVnxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eGYm45xJ21ND.jpg
Had participants practice writing their name with a Bakery airbrush and food coloring. Convention Center regulations (and common sense) prohibit the use of automotive solvent paint in this demo.

At the end, one of the participants asked if I could take a look at his airbrush that was not working properly. He brought it and we took it apart. Of course it was clogged with red paint. Always red paint! I had to scrape the needle with my pocket knife! But at the end he left with a working airbrush.
It was a great experience!

The rest of the weekend I was essentially doing this:
2v2eGRqgUxJ21ND.jpg

Ohh and one more tiny little thing:  My C7-R model won first place in the race car category to wrap up an intense weekend!
2v2eGRLSJxJ21ND.jpg

2v2eGRLVExJ21ND.jpg

Lookout for the coverage of this event in Model Cars Magazine.

Thanks, Ismael
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...