Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bullitt Question

In the '68 Mustang GT from the movie Bullitt, does it have a wood grain or black grip on the steering wheel. I've almost got the interior tub ready to assemble, but I need to get the wheel color correct and I don't have a copy of that movie handy.

In the '68 Mustang GT from the movie Bullitt, does it have a wood grain or black grip on the steering wheel. I've almost got the interior tub ready to assemble, but I need to get the wheel color correct and I don't have a copy of that movie handy.

I'm about 80% sure it's a black wheel. You could try typing "Bullitt chase scene" in on youtube, but I don't know how well quality will be.

I'm about 80% sure it's a black wheel. You could try typing "Bullitt chase scene" in on youtube, but I don't know how well quality will be.

Thanks for the reply. I think it's black too. I'm not using you tube anymore. I don't know why but every time I go on there by clock looses two hours. Then when I log on the net the clocks don't match so it locks up. I run a spy bot search and destroy scan and I find the Microsoft security has been turned off. So I fix it and then the pc runs fine. Next time on you tube, it does it again. Does not matter what clip I watch either and I can repeat the problem at will. If I stay off of you tube it never locks up and the clock settings never change. I even thought the problem was the clock battery on the pc at first, but I changed it before I found out it was you tube malware of some kind that I was picking up.

Per http://www.ponysite.de/bullitthowto.htm The Bullitt Mustang had a Black leather wrapped 1967 Shelby GT steering wheel.

Jameston

Thanks. I needed those pics. I'm usually pretty good with google, but missed that page. And I thought that wheel was black, but I knew they had some wood grains on some models and just could not remember. I also drilled all the holes out in my wheel to make it look a little more realistic. Thanks again.