Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Studebaker Hawk by Missing Link?

mr moto

Several years back Missing Link (now defunct) made a '57 Studebaker Silver Hawk trans kit for the AMT '53 Stude kit. I actually ordered one from their website but it was out of stock and I was put on the waiting list. They never made any more before Missing Link folded - because of poor health as I recall.

Does anyone have one to offer? I'm willing to pay and also may be able provide some interesting trades if you're a Stude fan. A long shot I know but there must be a few still out there.

Thanks, Bill, but actually that's a 1956 Golden Hawk made by R&R Vacuumcraft not a 1957 Silver Hawk as made by Missing Link. Actually, I may be in the market for it anyway as a contributor to my Studebaker parts stash. The R&R kit is a pretty rough thing but I did already build one a few years ago. It was a tough project but came out good in the end.

IMGP5383.JPG.a25c143d82592f3a89d1e16457e983df.JPG

IMGP5384.JPG.b27ed2d19b0f1680d979c939e14929c2.JPG

IMGP5377.JPG.9ba89900f4584cabf27866b19383e701.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Very pretty!  I'd settle for either, as I have a complete '53 kit, minus body/hood, but I see about $200 for that kit with shipping.  Not in my range!  Still looking for a '54 Conestoga wagon, just because I think they're cute.  I built my YOM AMT '53 as a ragtop (Stude built two, and customizers have done a number of 'em) but frankly the look is not fantastic sans nice coupe roof.  I did the trunk lid Hawk-style.  I put the Avanti R-2 from my Aurora kit with 4-speed in it.  The Avanti kit was a fussy, warped mess to assemble (also YOM) but it got a BBC -- oops, "Hamilton" engine.  In '65 we had a Lark Daytona HT racing locally with a 396 which he swore was factory, so they let him race A/FX.  Racing the local dealer's first 396 Corvette, it broke a rear axle first shot out of the box -- not too surprising.  But I'm rambling.... again! Wick

• Like 1