Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Shelby gt500

michelle

this is the amt 68 shelby gt500 kit that I modified I did a engine swap with a Revell shelby series 1 engine and used the front seats and shifter from that model the dash is a kitbashed one I made by cutting apart a spare Revell build and play snap tite 2015 mustang dash and replacing the classic 68 shelby gt500 dash sections with the 2015 mustang ones I made the roll bar from pieces from my parts boxes and I cut the split in the hood scoop away I custom made the rear trunk spoiler and did a exhaust tip swap with a set from my parts boxes as well a set of rims and tires and disk brakes from my parts boxes the decals came from my decal box and I used putty to sculpt the fender flares and think sheet styrene to make the side skirts I painted the body a custom auto lacquer color called rhino and while still wet I did a light dusting of Tamiya ts-53 deep metallic blue I painted the interior I painted rust-oleum 2x evening navy with accents of apple barrel matte elephant Grey acrylic craft paint and folkart metallic gunmetal Grey acrylic craft paint and i used that same gunmetal Grey to paint the grille mesh and the lower rear valance and rims and side skirts and exhaust tips and rear suspension

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karbuildr said:

Very well done Shelby, and that's not an easy kit to build. I really like your use of various other parts and your painting technique is interesting and something I need to try one of these days.

Thank you