Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/27 Welly 2019 Dodge Ram Bighorn Quad Cab Re-Paint

crowe-t

This 1/27 Welly 2019 Dodge Ram Bighorn Quad Cab die cast started as silver.  I re-painted it black and scratch built running boards, a tonneau cover for the bed and new side view mirrors.  This was done for a friend to replicate his 1:1 2023 Dodge Ram Bighorn Quad Cab truck.

I stripped the body and sprayed Duplicolor Self Etching primer followed by Duplicolor Hot Rod Gray Sandable primer. 

The interior is painted in Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black black with Tamiya XF-63 German Grey on the seats.  The chassis is painted in Splash Paints Semi Gloss Black with a mix Gunze Lacquer semi gloss and flat clear.  The exhaust is Tamiya XF-16 Flat aluminum and the transmission is a mix of Tamyia XF-56 Metallic Gray and Flat Aluminum.  

I had Splash Paints custom mix 2023 Dodge Diamond Black, the color of my friend's 1:1 truck.  The clear is Splash Paints 2K Gloss Clear polished.  The emblems are 3D resin printed and sprayed black.  The sideview mirrors are painted body color on top with Splash Paints 2K Gloss Clear and Splash Semi Gloss Black on the bottom with a mix Gunze Lacquer semi gloss and flat clear.

This was a fun quick build. 

IMG_1246 Small.jpg

IMG_1247 Small.jpg

IMG_1248 Blur Small.jpg

IMG_1249 Small.jpg

IMG_1250 Small.jpg

IMG_1251 Small.jpg

IMG_1252 Small.jpg

IMG_1253 Small.jpg

IMG_1254 Small.jpg

IMG_1255 Blur Small.jpg

IMG_1256 Blur Small.jpg