Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nice, I have to get an order together soon. Good headers are hard to come across. Have you thought of doing a set for the MPC modified kits? The ones in the kit are a "challenge" and really not that realistic. Something like the 2nd picture would be a god start.

Edited by bobss396

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a few of the full roll cages and they are very nice, clean and crisp looking. As a first time customer I was pleased with the quick shipping and quality of this product. I look forward to needing other things he offers in the future.

• Like 1

The biggest asset we have in Ron is that he actually had a racing career. Which makes his parts more realistic and accurate. Just about nobody makes a lot of wide-5 wheel and hub options. I like his T11 and T19 tires too.

On my '37 modified, I made those wide-5 wheels out of aluminum rod when I did have the use of a lathe. I used parts-box resin hubs. I do have CAD drawings of all my parts I have made up. I have a drawing for what I call a very accurate steamroller slick. Plans were to make the tread portion from PVC tube and the side inserts from aluminum rod.

There was a place called Galtran, they made brass stud/nuts that added a ton of realism. They are out of business.